Walking Dead 100, meet 1994

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Walking Dead 100, meet 1994

Post by wolf_2099 »

"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

The only reason I'm tempted to collect Walking Dead is because all issues are selling out locally and going for high price on eBay. I may have 1 or 2 issues of variants that my retailer had me buy, but that's it. I've read up to issue 60 or so and found it pretty good but it seemed to be going weird when I stopped reading. I may try to catch-up soon as I'm finally getting around to watching the show.

And I'm fine with 8 covers. Nothing like the 100 variant covers that Godzilla #1 and that one issue of Amazing Spider-Man had, lol.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

1-48 were the highlight. Everything after has felt a little aimless.

I am curious to the ratios/releases for these variants, though.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The 8 covers is definitely a bit much but it seems like Image is playing catch up now with Marvel & DC with the variants. Unfortunately for other small publishers, Marvel & DC flood the market with variants which leaves less shelf space for the other guys so they don't have much of a choice - which is why I can see why Image would want to do something to tip the scales just a little bit it in their favor.

I haven't felt like the title is continuously aimless but every so often after a big disaster in TWD, Kirkman spends several (or more) issues having the characters do some soul searching and finding their footing again in order to go on but I feel like that's necessary for a series thats set in a never ending zombie wasteland.

Kirkman's all but killed off the entire main cast which I thought was great and after the 100th issue Mark, I'd be a bit surprised if Rick survives another 50 issues and outright shocked if he survives after 200.