Queen & Country vol 2

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Queen & Country vol 2

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

R.I.P.: Edward Kittering
R.I.P.: Brian Butler
Farewell: Sir Walter Stanten, former "C"
Farewell: Tom Wallace, formerly Minder One

Lots of big changes at the end of vol 2, most notably that the new "C" is a seemingly self-serving, pencil pushing political appointment who doesn't believe in the effectiveness of Ops and prefers a more "diplomatic" resolution to everything. Clearly he's just using his position as "C" as a stepping stone further his own political aspirations.

Overall this has been a fantastic series so far. I've started vol this morning.

My one complaint about this book is that when their is dialog in other languages i.e. French, Swedish etc... there is no English translation. Its just pages & panels of dialog written in other languages & I have no idea what they're saying. I'm not saying there shouldn't be dialog written in foreign languages, thats one of the appeals of this series, but some type of English translation within that same panel would be appreciated.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Don't complain about the dialogues in foreign languages, it's where I got my 15mn of fame from! (page 202 of the hardcover of the "The Last Run" novel, in case you were wondering!).

But yeah, what an awesome book!!! Wally, you must know that you have to buy the novels know. The first one is set right in the middle of vol 3 of the definitive collection and it's got MAJOR stuff happening. It's called "A gentleman's game". Go get it now!