Angel ties into Buffy S8?

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

jedispyder

Angel ties into Buffy S8?

Post by jedispyder »

So I finally got around to reading last month's issue and I don't know if what they did directly ties into Buffy S8, but it was pretty ballsy.

Spike got the bright idea to hire a shit-ton of Hollywood movie writers to write him some...prophecies? Yep, he states he had a revelation that anyone could write a prophecy so he wants to rewrite the future with him as the main hero. He also specifically wanted to make Angel the villain, and give him a poofy nickname like "Dusk" or something silly.

So it seems they're implying that Spike is the cause of Angel becoming Twilight, and that also explains why Spike showed up to "save the day" at the end of the Twilight arc in Buffy. I haven't downloaded the issue yet but when I do I'll post the page here so you can read it.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's a complicated bit, and I suggest checking out that linked interview I posted awhile back.. there are connections in a way, mostly so Dark Horse can somewhat apologize for having decide to use Angel and Spike from the start without letting IDW know, which is what caused the initial outspoken and offhanded remarks from IDW writers/artists and the like.

There will be ties, as apparently Spike's ship that he rode in on in the last Buffy issue will appear in IDW, but it's not an official crossover necessarily. I think Joss is wanting them to be somewhat coherent to explain how they're in Buffy and the IDW series', which to me contradicts his "it's not really cannon to be honest" kind of statement when Angel was revealed almost a year ago.

So it's a bit different, but this week's Riley one shot is supposed to explain how Angel becomes Twilight, so we'll see just how connected they may be, but I for one am still entirely ignoring the IDW series because of how terrible they are, and what I interpreted as Whedon sayingg 'no they don't count'

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Ewwww keep Angel from IDW away from Darkhorse Angel.

That title released by IDW was atrocious. Everything about it was terrible. Terrible art, terrible storytelling, terrible pacing, terrible dialogue, terrible execution, terrible terribleness.

I'm still pissed at myself fro sinking, what, 12-15 issues worth or time and money into it.

I hate you IDW

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

See, the series started out awesome and incredibly great. Then it turned to complete shite, seriously. I still follow it because I'm a Buffy whore, and it has gotten a little better, but not by much.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I disagree. It started out horrible, and got progressively worse. I was in the same boat but couldn't subject myself to it anymore so I forced it out at 25.