Batman R.I.P.

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

Batman R.I.P.

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Self induced Bat-Schizophernia.

And people say Batman's unrealistic...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Ha I take it you finally read the collection? I think I re-read it a few months back when I did my entire Final Crisis read thru to get a better understanding of that, and it made much more sense as a whole book. Add in Batman 701-2 are going to be fill in issues between RIP and FC and it's bringing me back to that point.

It was the first Morrison Bat-story I read... and it confused the hell out of me.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It was batshit insane.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Batman RIP was an interesting story but I felt it could have been told without Morrisson getting extra, extra weird and it would have been better.

Also, I'm not fond of Alex Ross's painted covers. I know a lot people think they're awesome but to me they just look plain ridiculous.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Ross for me just depends. Every now and again as a special thing I really like his work, but consistantly it just comes and goes. Like on Justice, each cover was different and iconic and featured a rotating cast. But I mean... there's only so many Batman covers of his I can go for before a sort of "hey, another Ross cover. Alright. Cool." kind of thing sets in. Like a rare treat but nothing I want constantly.