DC Solicitations for April 2010

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

DC Solicitations for April 2010

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Somehow, this passed us all by

From CBR.com

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24471

BRIGHTEST DAY #0
GREEN LANTERN #53
THE FLASH #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #44
BATMAN AND ROBIN #11
OUTSIDERS #29
RED ROBIN #11
ADVENTURE COMICS #10
SUPERGIRL #52
JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE RISE OF ARSENAL #2
GREEN ARROW #32
WONDER WOMAN #43
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: ENEMY MANIFEST TP

Things of Note:

Brightest Day: 26 issues. Bi-Weekly. A year committment. I'm hoping only the first issue is 3.99. Because then I'm afraid it might get to costly, especially when about 1 month later the 6-issue Return of Bruce Wayne, 10-issue Legacies and new Legion ongoing will launch.

GL #53: I love Doug Mahnke. But that is a GOD AWFUL cover. It looks like they're blocking out the real background, but the coloring just looks.. blotched over at certain spots, like it wasn't even attempted.

The Flash #1: FUCKING FINALLY! Still pissed about the loss of the Wally co-feature.

Detective Comics: With the loss of Rucka as the main writer, and the focus going back to Batman it seems, I will be dropping the title. I still want to follow Renee as the Question, but I cant' pay 3.99 for 8 pages.

Adventure Comics #10: Most likely my last issue, as the Brainiac and the Legion of SuperHeroes arc wraps up round here, and then the new Legion of SuperHeroes title launches, and this one shifts to Superboy (Clark Kent) and the Legion, telling new stories of Clark's time with this Legion. I'd rather have the 'present' stories than odler ones. And Levitz will be writing both, and said that you wont' need one for the other necessarily.

Legion TPB: FINALLY completing my run on this book in softcover, before they launched into the Legion of 3 Worlds mini.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't gone through the entire list just yet but I am getting in on Flash #1. I missed the boat with Johns GL (though I picked up the Rebirth mini), I'm not going to pass up a chance to get in on a Johns written title twice.

I'll also be picking up BoP when it debuts which looks like I'll be adding two new titles to my pull list. Additionally, I want to get in on the new Avengers ongoing thats going to launch next month so that's 3 new titles right there. I'll most likely drop Daredevil to accomodate the new titles and maybe one or two more.

Its very annoying that the new titles will be $3.99 a piece. That really is a lot of money so we'll see how it goes. If any of these titles ceases to be entertaining, I'm going to remove it from the list.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

3.99 works out to br about $4.50 or so here. I'll be picking up very few books and dropping several with the price tag.

$4.50 is far too much for a montly comic that takes 5 minutes to read unless I really, really like it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Flash #1
JLA #44
Batman & Robin #11
Batman: Streets of Gotham #11
Gotham City Sirens #11
Superman/Batman #71
Brave & The Bold #33
JSA #38
Fables #95
Air #20

Scalped vol 6: The Gnawing
Wonder Woman Warkiller tpb
Ex Machina vol 9: Ring out the Old

I would like to get First Wave but can’t budget it, so I’ll most likely get it in trade. Batman Arkham Asylum Madness looks good but I’ll wait for the trade on that as well. I’ve been collecting the individual Fables books but haven’t read them for a while so I’ll probably go back and read a stack of them. I find Fables, like most Vertigo books, read better when read 3 or 4 at a time. I’ll also drop DareDevil as soon as the current storyline wraps up.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

As for Flash being 3.99, that's only for the 1st issue. We know it's coming with a ring, but DC has said that since the Wally West co-feature is no longer part of it, the Flash will be a 2.99 book. I think some that hit 3.99 are simply for the first issue or a big jumping on point, like with GL since it's the first post-Blackest Night issue, comes with a Ring, and kicks off Brightest Day.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Flash being $2.99 is great news; it means I won't be losing out on a whole lot more cash.

One thing I saw on the solits list was the first trade for the series: Codename: Knockout. I vaguely remember this being released in early 01 and supposedly it was a huge a hit. Did anyone here collect this title back then and if yes was it really as good people said it was back then?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Flash being $2.99 is great news; it means I won't be losing out on a whole lot more cash.

One thing I saw on the solits list was the first trade for the series: Codename: Knockout. I vaguely remember this being released in early 01 and supposedly it was a huge a hit. Did anyone here collect this title back then and if yes was it really as good people said it was back then?
Yes, and I remember being very amused by it. I was however, a lot younger then.

I've been meaning to re-read it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

It wasn't a huge hit. A Vertigo book that doesn't make to issue 20, that's not a definition of "huge hit". ;)

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It's a good thing it made to issue #24 then isn't it? :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh you gonna go and teach me some comics history now? :soapbox:

:doh::doh::doh: