The Bitch is Back - Morrison's: Return of Bruce Wayne

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

The Bitch is Back - Morrison's: Return of Bruce Wayne

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The week of DC 2010 announcements continued this morning with one fans have quite simply been waiting for. On the official DCU Blog The Source (dcu.blog.dccomics.com) and in USA Today, the anticipated Return of Bruce Wayne was made official.

Written by current Batman and Robin scribe, and now long-established helmsman of Batman's flagship comics Grant Morrison, the story will see where Bruce Wayne has been since being hit with Darkseid's Omega Sanction eyebeams in Final Crisis #6 (also by Morrison). The character was pronounced dead by the characters of the DCU, with only his protegé and adopted son Tim Drake Wayne, now Red Robin, believing him to still be alive, searching for clues to lead to his return.

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091209- ... Wayne.html

My only wish is that Bruce could've stayed gone longer (like another 2 or 3 years). I'm really enjoying reading Dick's adventures as Batman and would've liked to see it continue. But I'll still be picking this up.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well, from what I read it's him traveling through time, but there's no definte Return to the present, though I'd say it's about 85% likely to happen.

My question will be, when he returns to the present and sees how Dick is filling in his shoes, will he make his return known, and take the cowl back, or will he kind of keep himself hidden and live normally, knowing his mission is in good hands and carrying on without him?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Wouldn't it be awesome if he takes out Hush (who is currently portraying Bruce Wayne to the world). That way everyone just thinks he's Tommy and not really Bruce so he can live a weird life that he never had...nah, definitely not Batman's style ;)