Arrow

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Stocky Boy

Arrow

Post by Stocky Boy »

Anyone reading this?

I've read issues 1 to 3. I believe 4 is the most recent. I've only read these first three issues because I've bought them for a friend. I won't buy issue 4.

The issues were quite enjoyable though.
The format of the first three issues, and I presume a few more issues afterwards is to have three short stories, instead of a continuous narrative.

It's an interesting exercise in telling self contained stories in a limited number of pages. I think they've all been done quite well so far.

I think though, the editorial limitation, I presume to be imposed on this book hurt the potential of it. It's good, but this book is surely limited by not being able to introduce anything new that hasn't been revealed in the TV series. When dealing with any history, all the history is ultimately inconsequential in affecting the TV story. They do an interesting job though of adding some weight to back stories though, regardless of limitations.

Not bad, but whilst reading it, I know nothing significant to the main plot will ever come up. Plus, as interesting as the short story format is, I'm not interested in reading many more issues like this.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I haven't had the chance to watch the series yet so I've been passing on the comic.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The TV show is great!
Worth watching.

If you want a Green Arrow comic to read, pick up Jeff Lemire's GA.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

When did he come on to the book? Issue 17?

I could pic it up in the trade. I did enjoy his Sweet Tooth and am enjoying his Justice League Dark.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yeah 17, only two issues so far.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Also, read Green Arrow: Year One by Diggle and Jock. It's what they loosely based the show on and it's a great read.