John Layman & Jason Fabook on Detective

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

John Layman & Jason Fabook on Detective

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I am definitely happy with this. I like Layman's work on Chew and his described approach to Detective Comics will be to focus on the Detective aspect, bring a little humor (nothing camp or condescending) and to try to make each issue self contained.

I don't know much about Fabook but I'm willing to give him a shot. Anyone know anything he did?

Also, Winnick is off Catwoman and and Ann Nocenti is on. I don't much about her, but again I'm willing to give her a chance. Anyone know any of her previous work? I'm too lazy to Google her wikipedia page and would prefer to be spoon fed information.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fabook was doing the art on the Finch Batman book from before the relaunch. He is from what I heard, a Finch clone.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've seen Finch's art here and there and it's nice. Very darky and spooky. If Fabook is a Finch clone, it doesn' bother me too much. I'm more excited about Layman being on Tec

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I may actually pick 'Tec back up now that Layman is on it. I like the idea of having it be more of an actual "detective" book than just a Batman book.