A Guide of what to Not Buy in September

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Stocky Boy

A Guide of what to Not Buy in September

Post by Stocky Boy »

Those of you who know are familiar with Paul O'Brien and Al Kennedy's House to Astonish Podcast, which they record on an almost bi-weekly basis. These are now usually just over an hour long.

For their friends at another podcast, they recorded the following video podcast. Only seven minutes long. It's their recommendation on which five new DC books to definitely not bother buying. It's quite insightful and funny.

http://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=967

XIII

Post by XIII »

O'Brien looks so British while Al looks nothing like his voice would make you believe.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It was pretty funny. The one line that made me burst out laughing (which I had to play off like it was a cough because I was at work) was the conversation surrounding the Red Lanterns Title.

O'Brien & Kennedy ended the review by saying something to the effect of "the title will be drawn by Ed Benes which guarantees that everyone in this series will have massive tits".

So true, so true :D

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

XIII wrote:O'Brien looks so British while Al looks nothing like his voice would make you believe.
I'd seen a pic of Paul on the old Ninth Art website in a purple on white colour scheme. He looked a bit different to how I imagined based on that pic.

Al though, Al I always imagined with glasses, hair and much more like Danny Wallace for some reason.

The massive tits line had me laughing too.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It was a great segment.