DC comics for May

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

MGM

DC comics for May

Post by MGM »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=30825

Buy:
BATWOMAN #2
FABLES #105
HELLBLAZER #279
THE UNWRITTEN #25

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

BUY:
GREEN LANTERN #66
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #60
GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #10
ACTION COMICS #901
FLASHPOINT #1
THE FLASH #13
GREEN ARROW #12 [final issue for me]
BATMAN INCORPORATED #7
DETECTIVE COMICS #877
BATMAN & ROBIN #23 [I thought Peter Tomasi was the new writer?]
BIRDS OF PREY #12 [likely my last issue]
SUPERMAN #711
FABLES #105
iZOMBIE #13
THE UNWRITTEN #25

MAYBE:
BOOSTER GOLD #44 [looks like it ties into Flashpoint]
BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #4
BATMAN #710
BATWOMAN #2
TEEN TITANS #95 [still haven't read any of JT Krul's arc even though I bought all of it, hoping to read it soon]
TITANS #35 [now that Osiris' task is done for Brightest Day, I may drop it cause it has wavered recently; yet seeing Slade lose his other eye may compel me to continue]

As I said in the Marvel thread, I REALLY need to cut back. Thinking I should start in March but not sure yet...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

GREEN LANTERN #66
FLASHPOINT #1
THE FLASH #13
GREEN ARROW #12
BATMAN #710
BATWOMAN #2
RED ROBIN #23
BIRDS OF PREY #12
SUPERMAN #711
SUPERGIRL #64
WONDER WOMAN #611
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #13
TEEN TITANS #95
ZATANNA #13

Overall, looks like my DC pull has gotten a bit smaller, but only because Brightest Day ends. Sadly, Flashpoint kicks off, so I'm sure that will take a toll on my wallet then.

Interestingly enough, that GL cover they have there is the cover on this week's issue, so I'm really kind of confused by the whole deal. It seems like things are kind of messed up in that area of GL. Also I'm eager to avoid just about all of the Movie tie-ins. I'll probably read some but can't say I'd pick them up.

Bonus: I want that Absolute Identity Crisis. Say what you will, but I want it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

GREEN LANTERN MOVIE PREQUEL: ABIN SUR #1
DETECTIVE COMICS #877
BATWOMAN #2
DC COMICS PRESENTS: SON OF SUPERMAN #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: GREEN LANTERN: WILLWORLD #1
STRANGE ADVENTURES #1
CINDERELLA: FABLES ARE FOREVER #4
FABLES #105
DMZ #65
NORTHLANDERS #40
SCALPED #49
THE UNWRITTEN #25

Some books I'm buying solely for the artists : Abin Sur, Son of Supe, Willworld.

And saved for later when I find a good deal on the internet :

SWEET TOOTH VOL. 3: ANIMAL ARMIES TP
COWBOYS HC

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Just like with Marvel, I'll be skipping DC's whole Flashpoint mega event. I hate mega-events. Hate. Hate. Hate them. The Flashpoint tie-ins which interrupt the regular titles will most likely be mediocre at best & horrendous at worst.

Justice League of America #57
Batman: Arkham City 1-2
Batwoman #2
Gotham City Sirens #23
Birds of Prey #12
Superman/Batman #84
Justice Society of America #51
Zatanna #13
Fables #105
iZombie #13

Batwoman: Elegy tpb
Batman: Red Hood Lost Days tpb

Maybe:
Arkham Asylum: Madness
Green Lantern: Willworld#1

May looks like a great month. Firstly from some of the current solicts it looks like Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL, MM & Aquaman are *finally* back during the current Eclipso storyline. How long they'll be back for is anyone's guess. I'm not sure but at this point I'm not caring.

Then there are some great new titles kicking off w/ Batwoman & Batman: Arkham City in addition to the enjoyable Birds of Prey, Zatanna & slightly less enjoyable Gotham City Sirens and the always consistent JSA. Of all the books on my pull list the only ones that isn't getting me excited is Superman/Batman. Gotham City Sirens & JSA are both okay but could be vastly better. Gotham City Sirens has been lacking direction for the past several issues but is still fun to read & JSA is always fun to read even though they overuse the Nazi element.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Decided to pass on Arkham City cause it's 3.99. I'll wait for the trade to get it.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Fucknuggets! I didn't realize Arkham City was $3.99. Aw well, looks like I'll pass on it as well & pick up the trade.

Fuck you, DC; you're as bad as Marvel. "Drawing the Line at $2.99" my ass...

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oops, it's 2.99 actually. Sorry for misleading.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

BWAHAHAHAHA!

And hey, DC said they'd keep all ongoings at 2.99, which they have. They said some minis and one shots were possibly going to be 3.99, which I can understand.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Firstly from some of the current solicts it looks like Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL, MM & Aquaman are *finally* back during the current Eclipso storyline. How long they'll be back for is anyone's guess. I'm not sure but at this point I'm not caring.

Wait, where did you get that from? I read the JLA solicit and didn't see that at all? Or did you mean somewhere else? Because if this is going down, I want back in.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Oops, it's 2.99 actually. Sorry for misleading.
Looks like AC is back on the list (I should really start double checking stuff myself instead of blindly accepting things).

Tragic Angelus wrote:Wait, where did you get that from? I read the JLA solicit and didn't see that at all? Or did you mean somewhere else? Because if this is going down, I want back in.
It doesn't explicitly state that the big 7 will be returning but if you click on the newsarama website and scroll down to where they have a preview of JLA #54, you'll see a shot of Supes, Bats, Wondy, Squaman, MM, Flash & GL. Then when you click on the image you see the cover for the current issue (Eclipso with Eclipoised JLAers on there).

Unfortunately the Newsarama image viewer isn't working. I've been trying all day to see what the images from the preview look like but with no luck. So I'm going to just assume that the original JLAers will show up when Eclipso takes over the sad sack bunch that have been running the JLA for the last 20 or so issues.

Hmm I just realized that I could've just flipped through the current issue of JLA I just brought and seen for myself.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh, yeah I saw the Preview on the Source Blog. It's one of those "The JLA formed with... and then added ...., and today it's made up of..." 2 pages. The art on the Big 7 was really nice, but I did the same as you when I saw it and went 'They're all in the issue?' but based on what I saw it doesn't seem to be the case.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

AAAARRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

That was pretty much how I reacted. I was ready to run to the shop the next day when you said that and then I caught the preview.