Flashpoint Renumbering DC Titles?

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

Flashpoint Renumbering DC Titles?

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Bleeding Cool has information saying that DC's upcoming FLASHPOINT event may renumber quite a few titles:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/01/18/flashpoint-to-retitle-and-number-all-manner-of-dc-titles/

Apparently FLASHPOINT won't be so self-contained, but rather cancel and then renumber/retitle a number of DC titles for a few months, similar to what the AGE OF APOCALYPSE did for the X-Books back in the 90s.

FLASHPOINT looks to be re-writing DC history and continuity, ala AoA, so it seems almost understandable this would happen, but this was proposed as a Flash centric even and now it seems more like a line-wide amped up mega event if this proves to be true.

What do you guys think?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Renumbering is always a HORRIBLE idea. I love the idea of doing AoO and putting stuff on hold for a couple months, but not starting over at #1 when it's over and done with.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well I think that's what they're actually doing, but it's being labeled as Renumbering.

The Bleeding Cool article makes it sound like they're launching replacement minis and titles and putting some on hiatus during Flashpoint, ala AoA. DC has yet to make an official statement, so we won't know for sure until they do.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm pretty tired of line-wide events. Though I must admit a AoA-style based in the DCU could be interesting.
Then again, Shadowland was kinda self contained and still sucked major balls so I guess it's just events that suck.