DC Comics Solicitations: November 2010

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

DC Comics Solicitations: November 2010

Post by Tragic Angelus »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27854

What'll it be?

BATWOMAN #0
BATMAN #704
BIRDS OF PREY #6
RED ROBIN #17
SUPERMAN #705
SUPERGIRL #58
WONDER WOMAN #605
BRIGHTEST DAY #13
BRIGHTEST DAY #14
GREEN LANTERN #60
THE FLASH #8
GREEN ARROW #6
TEEN TITANS #89
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #7
DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #7
ZATANNA #7
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY: ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE #5

Maybe
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #51

So by here, I'll have most likely dropped Batman & Robin, and looking for a drop off possibly on Red Robin, which I keep flipping back and forth on. I like the book, but would rather have Tim in the Teen Titans.

Looks like a few books have spread from the Brightest Day Banner a bit. JLA is probably going to be dumped at issue 50. The story won't stop, but it's a nice big round number to end at.

Batman as a White Lantern? He's joined almost as many Corps' as Hal has.

And FINALLY we get some launching on the Batwoman series! So ready for this to come out, and part of the reason I'll drop B&R to pick it up.

XIII

Post by XIII »

BATWOMAN #0
Do I need to explain why?

DETECTIVE COMICS #871
Killer line-up, Jock on art and a back-up feature about Jim Gordon drawn by Francavilla
BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #17
As usual though the back up feature sounds dreadful

SUPERBOY #1
Giving Meek's favourite Jeff Lemire a chance on his first DCU ongoing. Getting #1 only, will trade wait if I like it.

FIRST WAVE #5
As usual

DOC SAVAGE #8
Another killer line-up. Brandon, Azz, Klein, Starr, Hampton. Doesn't get much better than this!

DV8: GODS & MONSTERS #8
As usual

ASSASSIN’S CREED: THE FALL #1
Karl Kerschl and Cameron Stewart. You have no excuses for not picking this up.

DMZ #59
SCALPED #43
NORTHLANDERS #34
THE UNWRITTEN #19
Usual Vertigo books

HITMAN VOL. 3: LOCAL HEROES TP NEW PRINTING
SWEET TOOTH VOL. 2: IN CAPTIVITY TP
STARMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 6 HC
Usual TPBs pull list

RAT CATCHER
Giving my boy Diggle some support

General thoughts : Dropping Batman & Robin and not getting the new Morrison title. Those books are too clever for me. Also, fuck you DC and your 3.99$ books with no back-up.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm not even going to try to figure out which titles I'm going to get because I'm contemplating picking up and dropping some Batman titles.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Batwoman #0
Batman & Robin #17
Batman: Streets of Gotham #17
Gotham City Sirens #17
Birds of Prey #6
Superman/Batman #78
Justice League of America #51
Justice Society of America #45
Zatanna #7
Peter and Max: A Fables Novel

Maybe:
Batman Inc., #1

Hitman Local Heroes New Printing. This goddamn trade has gone through about 5 re-prints and yet DC still has not yet released the remaining titles in trade format. Wtf?

I kind of want to try Batman Inc., but after Batman & Robin, I feel like Morisson will mess it up by being too Morissoney about the title - that is to say - he'll make it weirder and more complicated than it has to be and thus ruin it. See batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne & Final Crisis. And the damn thing is $3.99. And XIII, Morisson's titles aren't too clever for you, he just overcompensates a lot with the weirdness factor - whch winds up ruining the story and making it confusing as hell.

Batwoman I was on the fence about only because I had no exposure to her at all. I heard great things about her during the Detective run but I still wasn't swayed but I after enough peer pressure (and the reccomendation of several posters, I'mma gonna pick it up).

XIII, I like your choice of picking up Assassins Creed; though I'm not into it, my younger brother is a huge fan of the game.

Tragic, I agree with you on how terribly lackluster JLA has been, but I'm gonna keep pushing forward with this despite the shitty character line-up, watching Dick as Batman has been pretty good and the current JLA/JSA story is a pretty good read.

If I start dropping titles, which I probably will, Batman & Robin will be the first to go, probably followed by Streets of Gotham. Gotham City Sirens I am still enjoying despite having no direction at all.

Another thing I noticed, again, is that there is no Brave and the Bold released in November either? Has this title been canned? Plz help confirm.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Arn, the 3.99 may only be first issue for some books, however, the ones I'm getting that are still 3.99 like Legion of Superheroes don't have backups, but do have additional pages of story beyond the normal. Legion doesn't have an official back up, but the main story will end, and a smaller side Legion story will go on for a few pages, usually dealing with a subplot from the main title and some other characters.

JLA is the same way. It's back up deals with other JLA members, currently Cyborg and Red Tornado. But they're not billed as having backups. So some may actually have them but feature the characters already in the book. It's tricky, and not always as worthwhile, but they are trying to put in extra stories.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fahran, I'm not getting Assassin's Creed cause of the game but cause of Cameron Stewart!

Also, they restarted publishing Hitman from scratch so of course, they have not yet published anything past vol 3.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Fahran, I'm not getting Assassin's Creed cause of the game but cause of Cameron Stewart!

Also, they restarted publishing Hitman from scratch so of course, they have not yet published anything past vol 3.
This the Garth Ennis series?

I got the whole damn thing, read 6 issues, and was fairly unimpressed.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yet, it's one of the best comics out there. But I do agree it doesn't start out that great.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Yet, it's one of the best comics out there. But I do agree it doesn't start out that great.
Does it really get better? I should continue reading it?

Any idea when it improves? Might just skip to it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It gets a lot better as it goes on. Very strange series, but loved when he went to the Watchtower to use his x-ray vision on Wonder Woman, heh. The arc at Gotham Zoo was damn awesome, as well.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Fahran, I'm not getting Assassin's Creed cause of the game but cause of Cameron Stewart!
Liar