Green Arrow #1-2

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

Green Arrow #1-2

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Overall, nothing too great. The art is a bit more detailed at times, and seems to fit the 'gritty' feel they're going for on Green Arrow now. Since Ollie's an outlaw and living in the Brightest Day forest that sprung up in the destruction of Star City, he's gone full on Robin Hood.

The forest seems to prevent electral equipment from working, including GL's ring as he showed up in issue 2. Ollie's apparently managed to create a little hermit home, with furniture and all in the forest, and has created a number of booby traps and the like somehow as well out of vines, rope, and trees.

Some mystery woman has done a corporate takeover of Queen Industries, and is out to destroy Ollie now, and apparently knew Ollie's father.

So far it hasn't been bad, but nothing specatular really. I'm still heavily invested in GA since it was the first real DC book I started following, and after about 100 issues of it total over 3 series, I don't want to leave it at all. The ending to issue 2 was surprising, but I'm betting the forest will play out in how that goes down.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

The current rumor going around is that Swamp Thing will make his re-debut in the DCU thanks to this mysterious forest. I'm intrigued by the series and will at least stay on til the end of the year or so (same with BoP).

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

That'd be interesting. They seemed pretty tight lipped on Vertigo characters coming into the main DCU at SDCC outside of Death, so that could be a big possibility. And the forest sounds like the perfect place to bring him in.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Why did Starr City turn into a giant forest?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

At the end of Cry For Justice, a big part of it was destroyed, and it apparently was in the shape of a giant star. And in Brightest Day 0, when Deadman was being transported around the world, and wound up in Star City, the white ring basically caused this huge forest to grow instantly in the area that was destroyed.

So the city now has a huge Star Shaped Forest in the center of it that sprang up overnight.