Uncanny X-Men #526

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

Uncanny X-Men #526

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Overall, I can't say I was impressed with the issue.

Hope got a bit of closure, but her attitude with Scott seemed to be a 180 from how she was in the ending of Second Coming.

Wasn't too thrilled with the first of the "Five Lights" and all. They may have found her and figured out a catch to unlocking the girl's powers, but we didn't learn anything else about her.

I did really like the scene with Peter and Kitty however, and learning the reason she's stuck.

Artwork still isn't that great to me, but at least this time I could tell some people apart.

Back up story was ok, but clearly nothing but a pitch for Heinberg's Young Avengers mini. At 8 pages, it's just longer than most of the usual "previews" put in books, so to me it's barely worth it for the extra dollar charge.

My one overall nitpick is that here we have Rogue traveling to do one thing, and Magneto something else in the backup, while they're basically the co-stars in X-Men Legacy and have just left for India. I get that diff times, diff missions, etc like with Wolverine, but I'd expect a bit more of collaboration post Second Coming in the X-Offices.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I havent read the last 3-4 UXM or X-Men legacy books. I skipped over the whole Second Coming mega-mini crossover event. I really hate Marvel for sticking crossover after crossover into their all their major titles.

Fucking assholes.

Same with DC