New Avengers

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

New Avengers

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

With Star Wars Legacy ending (rather prematurely in my opinion) I had an open spot on my pull list so I filled it with New Avengers. I picked it up mostly be/c of Spidey, Cage & Thing. I haven't read these characters in YEARS.

So first issue was pretty standard, nothing too great or bad. We'll see how it goes.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Standard Bendis. I picked it up as well to have a look. Might stay with it until the first arc's ended.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I only planned to check it out if I could get the white variant which my retailer didn't have. I might dload it but I'm already committed to Avengers and Secret Avengers.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I dropped New Avengers in leau of the regular Avengers with Cap, Thor & Iron Man.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

The regular Avengers has been pretty decent so far, but I think Secret Avengers is the best of the trio.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

What's the lineup difference between Avengers and New Avengers?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

New Avengers has Luke Cage, Cage's baby mama, Ms. Marvel, Thing, Wolverine, Spider-man, Iron Fist, and a former SHIELD operative who I can't for the life of me remember...and I think thats it.

Regular has Iron Man, Cap (Bucky?) Thor, Spider-man, Wolverine and honestly, that's all I can remember. When I get home I'll read up on the rest of the roster and list em.

I havent read an Avengers title regularly since 1994 so I thought this would be the perfect time to get in on Marvel's big guns.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So.. Wolverine and Spider-Man are on two teams of Avengers? Not to mention Wolverine is on 2-3 sets of X-Teams? Oh jeez...

I wouldn't mind the regular title I suppose, with those 3 and Spider-Man and Wolverine, but I'd like some more classic Avengers to fill out the roster too.

And with this news story: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/fred-van-lente-to-write-new-avengers-series/

The total goes up to six according to the article (SIX?!?! SIX?!?!). New, Mighty, Secret, Academy, and... what's the fifth? Plus this new one.

That... is a lot of Avengers teams to me... Like.. 4-5 too many.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I thought Mighty Avengers was cancelled?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm Avengers confused. So.. So confused...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Yeah, it appears they just casually cancelled Mighty Avengers. Last issue was 35 as part of Siege. So we only have Avengers, Secret Avengers, New Avengers, and Avengers Academy. Plus whatever the new series is gonna be. Uncanny Avengers? Spectacular Avengers? Adventures of Avengers?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

What's Avengers Prime? Is that a mini series?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

5 issue mini.