Marvel Teasers: We Are the X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

Marvel Teasers: We Are the X-Men

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Marvel's been releasing images of two characters busting through Jim Lee's X-Men #1 for the past few days, with more to come, and the declaration that "We Are the X-Men." The only thing being offerred as information is to attend the X-Men panel at C2E2. But the images offer more than what most expect:

We are the X-Men #1: http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1270829188

We are the X-Men #2: http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1271088350

We are the X-Men #3: http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1271174990

We are the X-Men #4: http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1271261492

We are the X-Men #5: http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1271347938

Updates as they're available.

So what do you think? Pyslocke and Magneto? Sure. Spider-Man and (Hulk's Daughter?) Lyra? Um... oooook?

Update: Hope and... Blade? Now I'm getting a bit more confused. I suppose with the exception of Spider-Man, the 3 non-traditional ones were born that way.. but still?

Update: Arn added in #4 with Gambit and Elektra, and #5 now has X-Man Nate Grey, and a Vampire Jubilee. At least the two are mutants and have been members, but there's obviously a big change. 3 days and we get more insights on what's going on here.

My guess? The X-Men are about to get re-integrated back into the Marvel Universe, something that they've been kind of absent from since House of M ended. Since the "No More Mutants" the X-Men have focused on themselves and themselves alone, with the minor Dark Avengers/X-Men Utopia mix up during Dark Reign, they've pretty much avoided major Marvel events, but I'm assuming with the Heroic Age on the horizon, they're about to re-enter the Marvel Universe like they used to be.

Either that... Or we're about to get a Marvel History re-write in a big way with nearly anyone and everyone being considered a Mutant.

XIII

Post by XIII »

On a side note, I've been rather enjoying the Second Coming One shot that opened the storyline.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

As did I. It was tempting to pick up the other books, though the one I'm really interested in would be New Mutants. I'm still going to stick solely to Uncanny and Legacy, but has anyone been reading New Mutants? is it good?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I stopped reading New Mutants after they brought Doug back from the dead. It was ok but not something I liked enough to spend $3. That spot is reserved already for Jack of Fables, lol ;)

XIII

Post by XIII »

I am, hmm, thinking of catching up on New Mutants. I have all the issues on my shelves.

XIII

Post by XIII »

And by shelves, I of course mean hardware.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

W.T.F? Newest tease lists Blade and Hope as members. I can't believe I'm saying this, but if this is a cast of one of the X-Men titles I'm not gonna enjoy it.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Like I said.. I really really don't think this is the deal. I see it as the X-Men being integrated back into the Marvel U, which they've been away from for a little while. Event wise, they've had their Secret Invasion: X-Men or Dark Reign: Dark X-Men and etc, but really they haven't been there on the front lines with everyone else in a long time (Wolverine not counting), and I see this as a move back into it. Those people wont' be members, so much as the X-Men will be 'members' of the Marvel U again.

Or if they are, then yes. I too will hate this.

New Reader and Typical Superhero fan fun? Sure, hell yes, you've got Spider-Man in the X-Men!

Longtime fan who knows the real story and continuity? Hell no. You've just ruined my lifetime of reading.

This Heroic Age could be a tricky bitch.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Can't wait to hear what the fuck is exactly going on during the C2E2 panel on Sunday. That should (hopefully) explain everything.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Added the fourth one which includes Elektra.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Thanks for adding that in! I was about to do that before I saw you did!

Ok yea.. at least.. Elektra has some (minor) X-History with Wolverine, but then again who doesn't. I really don't know where this is going. Suppose we only have a few more days.

Notice how we haven't really seen any major characters outside of Magneto? Pyslocke and Gambit aren't exactly top players lately, and Hope's future is still up in the air. No Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, Storm or anyone who's taken a larger role in the last few years.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So with Blade and possible Vampire Jubilee, and the announcement of an upcoming Marvel Event "The Death of Dracula" it seems that there's beginning to be a thread coming through. Only a few days to some clarification now.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Alright, the C2E2 X-Men panel is underway, and both CBR and Newsarama are covering them now. Here's the links to each covearge:

CBR: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25826

Newsarama: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/c2e2-2010-x-men-100718.html

It looks as though there's a new X-Men #1 coming soon, where it's the X-Men vs Vampires. I'm assuming that explains a lot of the images, but the panel is still underway.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Correction, it seems it's Mutants v Vampires. And Nightcrawler is noticable, noticable absent from every image, unless he's blocked out in the X-Force picture.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

"The X-Men will be much more integrated into the Marvel Universe. There's a reason that the traditionally non-X-Men characters are in those images."

From Newsarama, at 3:04. Seems like I had the right idea with that, but I have a feeling there's going to be more too it as well.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Jesus, this X-Men panel was depressing. They are relaunching almost all the books, launching a 4th X-Men team title. Stupid.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yea, I was pretty let down on not learning about ANYTHING coming up after Second Coming. Pretty much a wash on not getting much information. I don't get how they panel will tease a new title, and no one will apparently ask questions about it in the audience. Seriously?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Vagueness continues in this CBR Q&A with upcoming X-Men writer Victor Gischler:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25834

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Jesus, this X-Men panel was depressing. They are relaunching almost all the books, launching a 4th X-Men team title. Stupid.
Including renumber UXM?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Now they are not remembering either Uncanny nor Legacy.