Avengers or New Avengers?

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Avengers or New Avengers?

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I was so ready for the Avengers relaunch that featured the Heroic age, mostly because after reading 90% DC comics for over 7 years I was ready for a shot something different. But now I hear Marvel is relaunching New Avengers also.

I'd really like to read about Cap, Thor, IM and the other Marvel big shits who I haven't read about since the late 90s, but I'd also like to read about the the street level guys who I just havent read at all in like EVAR.

So which do you reccomend?

Heroic Avengers or New Avengers?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm actually dropping all Avengers titles =o/

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I was really intrigued when I thought it was going to be just one book. I don't like Romita Jr, but I was willling to look past it for Thor Cap and Iron Man, but now that there's going to be 4 again, I'm not going to do it.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I was really hoping that Cap/Steve Rogers would be on the main Avengers team as well as Spider-man & Luke Cage. I'm certainley not getting all 4 Avengers titles but now I'm seriously considering just sticking with Regular Avengers. I'm sure soon enough Steve Rogers will be back on that team...I hope.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Rumor mill has him probbably leading one of the other teams like Secret Avengers in a new persona/superhero ID, but all we've got for that team so far is 5 or 6 shadow figures to go on.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Nertz.

Think he'll come back to Avengers any time soon?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

No clue. I stopped with Avengers when Bendis relaunched it the first time years ago, and I was getting New Avengers in trade, but stopped after the first 3 due to finances and lessing Marvel interests. I really have no idea what they've been doing with anyone for the last so many years, and I'd much rather have Rogers in the big 3 than Barnes but.. who knows..

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm not getting any of the books but the one I'll be sure to stay away from is the New Avengers. I like Cage and Jessica Jones and all but frankly, I feel like I've been reading the same story since this book was in the 30-ish issues : Hood, Hood, Hood. Done with that.

Secret Avengers has Brubaker which is a good sign but we're still waiting on the line up no?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Looks like the general consensus here is to not pick up Heroic or Secret Avengers...May have to re-re-evaluate picking it up.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I could be willing to read another Brubacker book.

Anything with Bendis's name on it, which isn't Powers, Daredevil or Ultimate Spiderman is likely to be a bit on the turd side.