X-Assault

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

X-Assault

Post by MGM »

Wow... it actually still exists. And it's being updated. Whatever happened to the Marvel suing that guy part? I do believe this not the original developer, though.

http://xassault.blogspot.com/

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The name sounds like a violent sexual attack.

MGM

Post by MGM »

You don't know it? I think maybe only the French Boy knows what it is, since he was in the same intraweb-circles as I was when it hit the internet a few years ago. Oh, how many hours I spent on that game back in the day... And the one I spent just now playing the new version. :D

It's pretty awesome, I highly recommend it to any Marvel-fan. And this new version has an option to skip the draft-questions, which is a plus.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh yeah, link to the site of the original creator: http://www.nevertown.com/xassault1.asp

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Is this the one where.. you kind of had "cards" for each character you got, and you sent them to specific locations.. and you could end up fighting certain people? And like.. If you went to Avengers Mansion and won, Cap joined you, and if you played Doop against Sabertooth and Mystique they gave up because they liked him?

Or is this a different game? I'm looking thru both sites to find out.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'll have to check this out. The name doesn't ring any bell.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm fairly certain you'll know this game, it was around '02 that it was big on the various comic MB's I went to at that time. And I'm pretty sure you were on a few of those as well.
Tragic Angelus wrote:Is this the one where.. you kind of had "cards" for each character you got, and you sent them to specific locations.. and you could end up fighting certain people? And like.. If you went to Avengers Mansion and won, Cap joined you, and if you played Doop against Sabertooth and Mystique they gave up because they liked him?

Or is this a different game? I'm looking thru both sites to find out.
Presumably. The first part sounds spot on, the latter sounds like it could happen. That probably happened in later versions of the game, which I never played (same with the cards thing). But yeah. Sending Wolverine to a place and it happened to be Magneto fighting there, you're screwed. Gone adamantium. Or you could get sucked into the AoA or trigger Dark Phoenix. Stuff like that.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm pretty sure I've never played this. I didn't have my own computer back in 2002, was mostly posting from work so I'm pretty sure I never installed that game anywhere.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I think I rememeber this game.

If you used Wolverine and ended up against Magneto or Cassandra Nova you were shit out of luck.

Jean Grey was usually a top player to have. Wolverine was brilliant against certain people.

Getting Captain America mid game was a novelty.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Indeed that game it is. Wolverine vs. Magneto is tough luck, but apparently Colossus against Cassandra Nova is awesomeness.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I dion't get how this game works.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I remember the game, but I don't remember having to download it to play. And yea, I remember Wolverine against Magneto and you were straight up fucked. And if you won at Muir Isle you picked up Captain Britain usually. It was fun and I remember playing a lot, but can't say I want to risk downloading it right now in case something happens to my computer. I'm too close to the end of the semester to risk something going wrong and losing all my work.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I just tried it and that's a very boring and random thing to play. :(

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So I downloaded and started playing this, and it is the game I thought. it's fun to go back to it, but what's not so fun is that if you choose to save after completing a mission (which is the only other option other than quit and leave), and when you save, then you have to quit, and to play again and load.. it deletes your saved data.. so I don't get how you can get through these levels..

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I tried it a couple months ago and found it interesting at first and incredibly boring after an hour of play, lol.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I play it sporadically, when bored. The wiki linked on the page is necessary so you know how to beat each level, since the way to do it is always so random.