Ghost Rider Limited Series by Ennis worth getting?

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Ghost Rider Limited Series by Ennis worth getting?

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Has anyone read Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears and/or Road to Damnation by Ennis and if so can you tell me if they're worth getting?

I like most of what Ennis writes but when it comes to mainstream characters, I'd like to make sure its something worthwhile and not "generic" Ennis (i.e. Fury: Peacemaker).

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated (I'm looking at you Stocky, our resident expert on all things Ennis)

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I don't remember this series well, even though I have read it, so whatever that tells you.

However, good sir, Fury Peacemaker was the bees knees, and I will have to teach you some respect by swatting you upside the head.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

I think it got generic Ennis reviews. Now, Aaron's Ghost Rider, that one is getting the good reviews!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I just don't like Ghost Rider.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

wolf_2099 wrote:
However, good sir, Fury Peacemaker was the bees knees, and I will have to teach you some respect by swatting you upside the head.
Stocky, and now XIII, say it wasn't all that great.

Also, you should think twice about smacking me upside the head. Your achilles heel is now common knowledge. Or rather your achilles testicle :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:I think it got generic Ennis reviews. Now, Aaron's Ghost Rider, that one is getting the good reviews!
I'll flip through it in the shop and see if its worth it.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I have a cup!

Why no love for Peacemaker? it was gratuitously violent.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah it really wasn't all that great. I can't remember the story and Clayton what's-his-face's art is really not actually the best at telling a story either. It's not really a story-telling art style.

I didn't mind Peacemaker from what I can remember. Definitely better than his Ghost Rider.

But, Wally, what you really, really, really need to pick up is the Dynamite published, soon to be released in trade, three issue mini series of Battlefields: Dear Billy. I think this is the third war time mini in the Battlefileds series. Like with all of them, war time is the setting, but the story focuses on a human element that's been explored in war settings before, but not too frequently.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Second. Tank Boys is the third.
Night Witches was the first.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

SEE! SEE! I CAN BE LIKE ARN, TOO!
Tank Boys has not been released yet, either, or at least just the first issue.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:Yeah it really wasn't all that great. I can't remember the story and Clayton what's-his-face's art is really not actually the best at telling a story either. It's not really a story-telling art style.

I didn't mind Peacemaker from what I can remember. Definitely better than his Ghost Rider.
Judgement has been passed. I won't be picking up either of the GRs.
But, Wally, what you really, really, really need to pick up is the Dynamite published, soon to be released in trade, three issue mini series of Battlefields: Dear Billy. I think this is the third war time mini in the Battlefileds series. Like with all of them, war time is the setting, but the story focuses on a human element that's been explored in war settings before, but not too frequently.
Thanks for the heads up on Battlefields. I'll order it soon as its released. Also, how is Back to Brooklyn?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I have loved Back to Brooklyn, despite the art seeming somewhat off. Like Polar Express or Beowulf off.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

If I can find all the recent issues for Back to Brooklyn at my LCS, I'll nab em. If there are some missing I'll just wait for the trade

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

ENNIS CAN DO NO WRONG, FUCK YALL!