Avengers by Jason Aaron

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

XIII

Avengers by Jason Aaron

Post by XIII »

I never thought I'd write this some day but this book is not really good, is it?
I can't get excited about the story, it's completely boring. And the art is not helping, except the issues by David Marquez that made me wish he were the regular artist on the book, not McGuiness.

Tragic Angelus

Re: Avengers by Jason Aaron

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've liked McGuinness's work on the book, but yeah the story isn't good so I agree with you there. Didn't care for the Celestial stuff at all. It felt way too much like a huge grand idea thing that doesn't make sense until it's all read together, similar to what Grant Morrison does. I'm hoping this Namor arc will be much better and keep me wanting to read the book.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yes, the first arc was terrible. I'm sort of interested in the Namor-thing, but not really.

I'd rather have Aaron write Southern Basterds regularely.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yeah, it's been bad.
I was talking to my comic store guy and he said people have been dropping it fast, which is unusual for an Aaron book.

This Avengers run, and even the current Thor arc, I think are the worst things he has written. They're just bad.

XIII

Post by XIII »

The main problem I have with the current Thor (but I'm only up to issue 4) is that this Mike del Mundo artist is really not the right guy for the book. His pages are a fucking mess and the coloring is terrible.

But yeah, I'd rather he drops Avengers and goes to a regular Southern Bastards and also, why not, finish The God Damned (it was never finished, was it?).

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It was not.
And I think the Goddamned is better than Southern Bastards.

Del Mundo can be a great artist, but in Thor it seems he forgot what backgrounds are. He cannot keep up.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I dropped The Goddamned after 4 or 5 issues. It couldn't interest me at all.