Uncanny X-Men 600 Spoilers

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Uncanny X-Men 600 Spoilers

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Bobby Drake (both of them) confirmed they were gay.

I'm very meh about it

Others?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Why the fuck was this book delayed 6 months? There was nothing significant to it at all. Then in Extraordinary 1 everyone mentions "and with what Cyclops did... No one can be safe" and shit.

Am I wrong in thinking all he did was put all mutants in one place with nothing happening and it just ending? There was no big fallout. I was incredibly let down.

XIII

Post by XIII »

How can you be let down?. Nothing ever happened in Uncanny since Bendis took over. This was a book that went absolutely nowhere so it's only logical that it would end by making a milestone issue completely irrelevant.
I'm done with Bendis which is a shame. I was a big fan around the time of DD, Alias and Powers but I'm not touching any of his books ever again.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I was let down because I liked the premise. Scott as a mutant extremist. I really thought it would go somewhere. Instead I got my first taste of Bendis long-form and I was severely let down. What really bugs me though was why "Marvel" felt the book needed to be delayed. I want to know which artist held it back because there is no story reason to hold that book back that works.

They go from accusing Hank the whole issue and saying everything he's done is wrong to quoting and trusting his studies on the Terrigen Mists in EXM 1. And having those drop on the same day undercuts the impact of them putting him through an intervention. Bad planning all around.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm halfway through the issue. I've read the whole of Bendis run and I have absolutely NO CLUE what everyone is blaming Beast for. Well, obviously I know about bringing the X-Men back into the present but if you listen to them, you'd believe Hank has been in charge of the Nazi death camps or something.
There is no link whatsoever between this issue and the previous 35 issue of Uncanny that I've read.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Agreed. They're harping hard on Hank for nothing more than the originals being stuck here as we've seen. I wondered if they added in him experimenting on himself again since his younger self had to save his life and he mutated again? Or if they all found out he was a member of the New Avengers and trying to stop the worlds colliding? It's very incoherent.

Yet every review I've read paints it in a nicer picture than EXM 1, which I felt was a much more fun and enjoyable read.

XIII

Post by XIII »

oh and look, a reprint of an old Iceman story I don't care about. Glad I paid $6 for this.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Exactly! I felt like there would be pin-ups, 3 page back ups, articles, or something else to make it feel like a "hundreds" anniversary issue. Instead we get some late 70s/early 80s black and white Iceman story from a Bizarre Adventures type of magazine. This was a waste of an issue.