Secret Wars

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Secret Wars

Post by MGM »

Anyone reading this?

Issue 1 was rather confusing. Probably since it's simply a continuation of Hickman's run. Issue 2 was pretty entertaining, though. Still a bit confusing.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'll read them both today but what you're saying seems to be what everyone thinks. #2 is actually the real #1 and #1 should have been Avengers Finale or something like that.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

That's what the House to Astonish boys have said.

I thought I would pick up issue 1 for the hell of it, but really I should have picked both 1 and 2 up.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yes. #2 ws quite, quite entertaining.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Read both back to back since I was late getting books. First one really did read like an issue of New Avengers or Avengers from what I recall after the first year or so of the books. But issue two really impressed me. I liked the Thors explanation and purpose and how the planet seems to be ruled.

It felt very much like Crisis on Infinite Earths merged with Final Crisis, yet it worked really well. I'm more engaged with the story now, but I also know anything could happen as we go into this. I'm hopeful though.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, the tie-ins are pretty much all crap. Don't bother with those, although some have nice art.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Issue number 4 is already delayed by 2 weeks, which means a shitload of tie-ins are also delayed. And issue number 5 is now postponed by 6 weeks. This is going to turn into a clusterfuck like Civil War was with issues getting delayed and all tie-in issues being delayed, but things still get spoiled in other issues.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/31/ ... s-with-it/

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

In other words, Uncanny X-Men 600 will be out just in time for Christmas at this rate.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I still don't understand why Marvel delayed that issue for so long. It's set before Secret Wars, why are we getting it after?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The reasoning was that it'll make more sense and fit in better coming out after the event wraps, setting the stage for the X-Men post-Secret Wars.

Edit: I'm sure some of the art still isn't done, though Bendis says his part is done and the issue is finished, it's Marvel choosing to hold it back. I'm sure the writing is done but one of two of the artists are still just not finished or something.

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:Well, the tie-ins are pretty much all crap. Don't bother with those, although some have nice art.
The guys from House to Astonish had a completely different opinion. Which ones did you read?