Inhumanity fuck-up

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

XIII

Inhumanity fuck-up

Post by XIII »

So Marvel want to push the Inhumans into the spotlight, following the events of Infinity but it's off to a rather shaky start.

First they announced that title was pushed back to a later release. Everyone assumed it was cause Joe Mad was late.

Then the Inhumanity one-shot came out (2 weeks ago, I think). It was craptacular. I had no clue what Karnak of the Inhumans was going on about and Coipel outdid himself in the shit art department.

And now, in a very DC-ish move, they have announced that Fraction is off the Inhumans book, to be replaced by Charles Soule.

I predict the book will be canceled within a year.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I really dig the Inhumans, and I had high hopes, but I agree, this is going to fall apart. I liked the one shot personally, but disliked the ending. I enjoy Fraction's writing, but this person I've not heard of so this makes me less likely to pick up the book now.

MGM

Post by MGM »

This is just about having a marketable (read: filmable) alternative for the X-Men for Marvel, right?

Because, let's face it, the Inhumans really aren't that interesting. The comments in the latest House to Astonish post sum up pretty good why this is a bad idea. They also made me not want to read anything about the Inhumans. :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

I need to catch up on House to Astonish.

MGM

Post by MGM »

You should, yes. Always.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm only 2 episodes behind.

Back on topic, I think the only Marvel book I've enjoyed from Fraction is Hawkeye (which is superb).

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

His Ironfist, also with David Aja on most of the art is fantastic.