Daredevil

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Stocky Boy

Daredevil

Post by Stocky Boy »

Isn't this a fun book?
DD has been one depressive descent into despair for so long. This isn't to say that it was poorly written during the many years of Daredevil the book about how he loses all his friends and sinks into violent depression. But, it is wonderful to see DD written with joy and purpose. To go hand in hand with the editorial and written shift, the art is more vibrant than gritty. Mark Waid's DD revamp is much like his Hulk revamp - new, positive deployment of the character.

So, where are we at this point...

DAREDEVIL #24
Writer: Mark Waid
Artist: Chris Samnee

We've learnt some distressing news for DD's main supportive cast member, which as is revealed to us this issue has left DD unable to pick up a trial that has been laid out for him, by the yet un-revealed bad guy pulling all the strings in all the preceding story arcs.

I was quite fond of the over the top way in which the main villain is remaining concealed to the reader. I don't know if this is supposed to give us a clue about his/her identity, but it's absurdity was quite fun to see.

Samnee is the new artist on this book. I can't remember the name of the old one, but it's a suitable change in artist with a different, but complementary style that suits this fun DD book.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm eager to find out who the main villain is. Hoping for an unknown turned souped up villain (basically Waid pulling a Bendis and taking a no-name and making him powerful).

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Waid's DD has been a welcome breath of fresh air. It's hard to believe but DD had been written as a manic depressive for the better part of a decade. I know hat under Miller, Matt was put through the same trials but since I wasn't around for that, this was new to me.

And as great a take as Bendis' DD was, eight years of it got to be a bit much. So much so that I dropped it after it jumped the shark on Brubakers run.

Seeing Matt behave like a human being, even if it was another false front, made for a better read.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Issue 26 revealed the mastermind behind Waid's run. I knew who it was at the beginning of the issue and have mixed reactions. It's great to see this person is still around, but it feels more like what they did to Doc Ock years ago when he was in his iron lung.

Still, this is gearing up to be one of my favorite Daredevil arcs.