Avengers

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Tragic Angelus wrote: Also it was issue 11, not 9.
Well spotted. Corrected now.
I think I may have confused the numbering with Uncanny Avengers.

Yeah, I really actually enjoyed this issue. Not sure I'm taken with the, "I'm a raging sea of calm thunder bla, bla" Shang Chi nonsense. It's fun to see a tech + set of nunchaks and the Stark 'Resilient' logo is very in keeping with good editorial wide awareness, but sometimes things like electro nunchaks stretch my ability to suspend belief, when clearly a gun is a far superior weapon - for anyone.

Looking at the intro page of Avengers and the cool logo with symbols for all the cast. There appear to be spaces for other symbols. Is that what you would conclude?
Also noticed the core Avengers are in the inner circle and newer ones round the outside.
I do like how they highlight the issue's cast on that page. Nice feature.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The logos definitely indicate who will be featured per issue. If they're highlighted then yes, they're in the issue as a main player.

The central six are the movie Avengers, and debate continues as to the order for each symbol. For example, are they supposed to be back ups for the hero they're coming off of? Such as Hyperion and Smasher being back ups for Thor? That makes sense, but I also wonder if they're along the lines of 'Who brought them in/who they trusted out of the initial six that gave them reason to join the new Avengers' or something like that.

Supposedly Hickman has a meaning to his madness with the organization of the logos and everything, and I'm sure we'll learn it in time.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Do you see how there are completely empty cells though? Some cells are blue coloured for who appears in the issue and the rest are greyed out, but there are also empty cells.

Yeah, the core are the movie Avengers. I remember now.

This is quite a good breakdown. Not sure if 'teams' is the right term to use though. Offshoots will do for now.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bbe0c70dbe4b ... 1_1280.jpg

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm really enjoying this book. I don't mine the various plots starting all over cause I trust Hickman has a plan. I hope Deodato won't stay long on art though. This is clearly the worst the book has looked since the beginning.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I love the reveal at the end of this week's issue. Glad to see this character back again and in a "makes sense!" type role/circumstances.