X.Men Legacy

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

Untrue. While not as awesome as in his X-Men run or even his Spidey run, JRJR is still better than most artists who get regular books.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Shit, I must be repressing something because I seriously thought the Frankenstein story was only 2 issues x_x

MGM

Post by MGM »

Even if it is, it's at least three issues too long.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

This is so off of fucking topic. To be fair, I started it with the Beast talk.

Anyway, I think JRJR is still pretty good. It ain't as great as before, but it's serviceable.

I also felt the Frankenstein story was too long as well. I do like that the story has progressed a little with the kiddy Hellfire Club though. It's nice to see one of the character's better fleshed out now.

Cam, you should enjoy XLegacy.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Seriously, I hope you guys all give Legacy a shot when the trade comes out at least, if not grab the first five issues if you can. Well worth it. It's definitely the underrated X-Men title out there right now.

Back off topic: JRJR is horrible. He was the whole reason I almost didn't read Avengers vs X-Men, and why I didn't read Avengers when it relaunched in the Heroic Age. I can't stand his work. I was fine with his first run on Uncanny from the 80s, but I can't stand his work now.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Continuing the off topic subject of JRJR art:
His work on Kick-Ass demonstrated an inability to draw children very well in his art style today.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

X.MEN LEGACY #7

I wasn't that interested in this issue.

So, first story out the way. Haller has a love interest/supporting character in the form of Blindfold. A nemesis in the form of Blindfold's brother Luca. Legion also still has a dangerous split personality disorder, but one that he's now sufficiently in control of... well, he now has a new mystery personality that's causing him grief a limiting his control over his mind and consequently other powers he can access from his wealth of powers.

This is an alright issue. It starts off Haller's investigation into where he'll find Luca. He goes to visit a rather kooky church and we see some inner mind turmoil at the Legion prison too.
It is an alright issue, but I just wanted something more.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It definitely didn't live up to the previous arc, but I still found this enjoyable. Legion really is doing what he claimed by going out and seeking those who wish to persecute mutants and deal with them before they strike rather than wait for them to strike first. He decides to try and take out this church somehow rather than "keep an eye on them" as the X-Men would, while also investigating their ties to Luca.

I didn't like how SWORD characters were handled here, but at least they followed up his use of the aliens in the last few issues. Nice way to involve them.

Still enjoying the book, but hope the next arc lives up to the first.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah, Spencer seems to use other known characters at their expense to boost something about Haller. SWORD in this issue, the X.Men in all previous issues.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I guess I didn't get that from the X-Men in the previous issues, due to the fact that he had taken the entire team on in the past with no problem. If anyone came off out of character or like an idiot, it was definitely Chamber to me. But I could see how that would appear too. If that's how most people read the X-Men, and now SWORD, that doesn't bode well for future appearances of other characters.