Marvel announces "First X-Men"

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Marvel announces "First X-Men"

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

"Something must have happened before Professor X became Professor X," Adams said. "He could pass. He didn't look like a strange X-Man. He didn't look like a mutant."

Adams posited the concept was that Professor X wasn't the person who started protecting young mutants. "Maybe this was going on when Professor X was a teenager and mutants were being abused by the government … and somebody stepped out to protect these kids. … Who would he be and why would he go to Charles Xavier? … That became my premise."

Lowe described the premise as "something X-Men fans would go nuts for," mentioning Adams had worked with the character of Wolverine before.

Adams described the series as "maybe groundbreaking." "It's the X-Men before the X-Men," he said, going on to say they were "maybe a disaster."

The artist also mentioned the involvement of Wolverine in the X-Men and why he keeps coming back. "How deeply entrenched is Wolverine to the X-Men? I think very, very deeply."
Full article
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=38666

I believe it'll be a miniseries with Neal Adams drawing and Christos Gage writing. I've never been a huge fan of Adams but I like his work as well as Gage's. It sounds fun, however, I'm not too thrilled about the idea of Wolverine being the central character of yet another X-book. I'd like the idea better if the First X-Men were led by a someone who is now dead or better yet a washed-up has-been loser.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It has been talked about for a month or so, a lot of people are pissed that they're making Wolverine and Sabretooth "first X-Men" this way.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm staying away from this. Anyone who has seen what Neal Adams' work looks like now will reasonnably do the same.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah. Neat idea tho I feel it's been done before, but the art looks horrible. I like classic Adams art but this just doesn't look good. A lot of classic artists just have not transitioned to modern work and it's a shame but I have no interest in this mostly due to the artwork.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I still Neal Adams art looks okay. Its not great but good enough to get me interested.