Christos Gage's X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Christos Gage's X-Men

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It's a little too early to judge whether Gage's run on Legacy will be a hit or flop but based off the first 2 issues, I'm really enjoying it. Gage using characters & themes from the 90s is nice. The Xers playing baseball and the return of Exodus; seems...enjoyable.

I'll keep picking it up for the forseeable future.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Lobdell, Harras and Mackie back at DC and now this. Who in today's comics has decided that the 90s were sorely missed?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You snob!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:It's a little too early to judge whether Gage's run on Legacy will be a hit or flop but based off the first 2 issues, I'm really enjoying it. Gage using characters & themes from the 90s is nice. The Xers playing baseball and the return of Exodus; seems...enjoyable.

I'll keep picking it up for the forseeable future.

I've read a lot, of not most, of Gage's other work. I've been a fan for a while,. It's also good, maybe not great, but always good.

I'm looking forward to these when I go back to Montreal.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's definitely a shift after 5 years of Carey on Legacy. I like the team he has for the book though and I'm definitely sticking around. I do already miss Carey though, but I'm going to give Gage a fair shot. His run on X-Men wasn't bad, but mostly action/movie type. I'm interested to see what he could do more long haul.