Avengers vs. X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Avengers vs. X-Men

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The next big Marvel event is Avengers vs X-Men

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35857

The Phoenix force is returning to earth looking for a host in Hope Summers. The Avengers want Hope to turn herself into the Avengers for Protection but the X-Men feel they can do a better job of protecting her. This will be the basis for Marvel's two super teams beating the shit out of each other rather than deal with the Phoenix force.

Of course this will be rendered moot when Jeans pops up out of nowhere and becomes the host for the Phoenix.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This seems silly, and contrived, but with the writers behind it I will be willing to give it a shot.

I just hope Jean does come back, I always liked her.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

This is the one written by the Marvel Illuminati right?

The writing concept seems interesting. It's worth a first issue read and see.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Style wise It reminds me Of 52 but with a different concept of course. I'm not thrilled At having Romita Jr as the first artist but at least he'll be done with early rather than ending with him. I'm wondering how long we have until the first delay or if Marvel can match DC on these bi weekly books.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

4 or 5th issue delay, I think!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Putting Kubert on the later issues is clever since he'll obviously be needing more time.
As for biweekly books, Amazing Spider-Man is usually on time, isn't it?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Fair point. I had forgotten they have been doin that for some time now. Though to be honest I dot even know that books schedule do if it's late I don't even know.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

According to BleedingCool, this mini will be polybagged with the free digital download. Or at least the #0 issue will be, including a fugly as hell blurb on the front that it includes a digital download (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/13/ ... rs-vs-xmen). If the whole series is polybagged then I'm not getting it. Fuck that shit. I already voiced my opinion on polybagged issues with my retailer and he understands and feels the same way.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

This has lots of potential for good and bad. I think there is a good story in there if the writers can make it work. I would also agree that it would make me very happy if at the end Jean came back to put an end to all this Hope/Phoenix/Wanda nonsense. Also i would love to see her move on from Scott and Emma

I can see a lot of fans arguing over this or that about their favorite character getting beat up but on the whole as long as the story is good im ok. I want storm to fry someone hehehe:badmood:

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

If Jean comes back, I definitely see her going to the school with Wolverine. Not sure if she would shack up with Wolvie, but that would be awesome...

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

jedispyder wrote:If Jean comes back, I definitely see her going to the school with Wolverine. Not sure if she would shack up with Wolvie, but that would be awesome...
See i wouldnt want her to get with logan. I think she should spend time outside a relationship for awhile and just be Jean. Her family was destroyed the man she loved is with a bitter enemy. she was dead for cryin out loud i just think she needs some Jean time for awhile before jumping into another serious relationship.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:This is the one written by the Marvel Illuminati right?
No, no, no. It's being written by the Marvel Architects.

Also, I agree with Chem, when Jean returns, she needs to be by herself for a while to sort things out. No Wolverine, no cylcops and no X-Men. And maybe, just maybe, she can have a relationship with someone who isn't Logan or Scott.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

i would love to see her as an avenger maybe or maybe as an instructor at the avenger academy. Somewhere she can see some action and still develop as an individual. I think the main character to benefit from Jean's death has been scott. while i hate him more than ever now at least i feel something for him. Before he was just the guy standing next to jean...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I feel like Scott's grown tenfold with Jean dead and become a great character. I always hated him but now I really Enjoy him.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

Tragic Angelus wrote:I feel like Scott's grown tenfold with Jean dead and become a great character. I always hated him but now I really Enjoy him.
I really just dont like him. but as i said though i felt nothing for him before jean died so hate is better i guess. also funny sidebar, If you read the first issue of Astonishing X-men Scott's reasons for wanting to form the team are almost exactly the opposite of those he gave in the first issue of uncanny. I was reading this weekend and laughed at this. Although i guess he could say we tried it one way so now we are going to try the other. but litteraly like the two statements are coming from two different people.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I always hated Scott prior to Astonishing and more recently the move to San Francisco, but after her death he's really moved into being his own character and I like that. And I noticed the same thing myself as I had just thumbed through Astonishing Vol 1 prior to UXM 1 coming out and it was a nice show of change for him. We'll see how long he lasts that way.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Before moving to SF it was always a given that Scott was Xavier's 2nd in command. Since Jean died and Xavier being MIA then returning and especially since moving to SF, Scott has moved front and center and shown that he's more of a leader by making the hard decisions that endear him to no one; just like a real leader usually is.

And hell, I'll even go out on a limb here and say that Scott shouldn't get back with Jean. Scott and Jean were a nice couple in their time but every time she's died, Scott's moved on and this time it should be for good.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

oh i completely agree I wouldnt image that scott would want to try a relationship again. I think they should address it but at the end of the day he isnt the man she knew and she is the living avatar of death and rebirth who wants to deal with that?! I say let him stay with Emma it would be good development for all three as emma would always be worried that scott wants to go back to jean.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'd like to see the story go that he would want to be with her again, but she doesn't agree with the decisions he's had to make. And he can't understand why she doesn't agree with them, and then have him go on to refuse to change and make other choices to be with her and leave her behind. Have the two of them split over ideology, similar to him and Logan, but with less violence.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

Tragic Angelus wrote:I'd like to see the story go that he would want to be with her again, but she doesn't agree with the decisions he's had to make. And he can't understand why she doesn't agree with them, and then have him go on to refuse to change and make other choices to be with her and leave her behind. Have the two of them split over ideology, similar to him and Logan, but with less violence.
you know the funny thing about all this is i think in the end Jean would have sided with Scott. She has always been more of a fighter and I could see scott making the same argument to her that he made to Ororo to get her to stay and be on the Brotherhood of Evil X-men