Avengers vs. X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

Apparently Psylocke vs. Black Widow is in the works as well. This one is a much closer fight. While Black Widow is probably a better fighter, Psylocke has the telepatic edge. I honestly don't know who would win that one. I'd prefer Psylocke, 'cause she's just awesome. On the other hand, so is Black Widow. Just less.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

this is another one of those impossible matches to me. Not because Widow is less awesome but Betsy has tp and tk. I could see Natashia putting up a fight against one but not both. again this comes down to who the writer wants to win. If its avengers i could see natashia pulling out an ultrasonic doohicky that messess up betsy's concentration but really there is very little in the widows arsenal that betsy cant deal with. Even as a Jean Grey light betsy has more than enough power to destroy her.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm guessing Widow will have some psychic dampeners or something. Otherwise it'll be not really a contest.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

What are Betsy's powers now anyway?
They've always changed quite a bit.

I could see Widow doing well, she's been up against much stronger companions for a very long time. Depending on Psylocks telekinesis.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

wolf_2099 wrote:What are Betsy's powers now anyway?
They've always changed quite a bit.

I could see Widow doing well, she's been up against much stronger companions for a very long time. Depending on Psylocks telekinesis.
Betsy has Tp/Tk now but i am not sure if she can use both together.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

so far here is what we have

Psylocke vs. Black Widow
Iron Man vs. Magneto
Thor vs. Storm
Spider-Man vs. Ice man
Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel
Hulk vs. Emma Frost
Cage vs. Beast

some of these battles seem really one sided... who the hell thought Emma Frost vs. the friggin HULK would be a good match?! Also Ice Man vs. Spidy? again im like wtf....but then Iron Man and Storm both have some pretty steep hills to climb in their battles too so if nothing else this should all be very entertaining.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

These seems like the x-men are going to roll the avengers.

Pub stomp anyone?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

While they're on those promos fighting an Avenger, how are they going to deal with the fact that Wolverine, Beast, & Storm are also Avengers? In the original promo image, Wolverine & Beast seemed to be on the Avengers side. And it'd make sense, since they aren't on Scott's team, but rather left his side.

Is this Scott's X-Men vs the Avengers, Logan's X-Men vs the Avengers, or All X-Men vs the Avengers?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote:While they're on those promos fighting an Avenger, how are they going to deal with the fact that Wolverine, Beast, & Storm are also Avengers? In the original promo image, Wolverine & Beast seemed to be on the Avengers side. And it'd make sense, since they aren't on Scott's team, but rather left his side.

Is this Scott's X-Men vs the Avengers, Logan's X-Men vs the Avengers, or All X-Men vs the Avengers?
It's marketing to sell books! Who cares about logic!

But seriously, I have no idea. This cross-over is probably going to be bad. 90's bad.

MGM

Post by MGM »

In the latest promo it's Beast vs... well, an Avenger. He's on the X-side.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

well it turns out that the promos are just marketing and they dont represent necessarily the battles that we will actually see in the story. They are saying that some might happen but not all of them will.

That makes more sense i guess although i wish they had said it from the beginning. I hope to see Eric bend Tony over and magnetically emasculate him. Some of the others are just insane as ive said.. all in all i will likely still pick this up but i dont have very high expectations.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

True Beast is battling an Avenger but I still don't see him siding with Scott. They've been so bitter and angry at each other I doubt that a confrontation like that would bring them together.

MGM

Post by MGM »

He doesn't necessarily have to be siding with Scott. Could be another X-man, or maybe he's just not into the plans the Avengers have for Hope.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

True. With two sets of X-Men who don't necessarily get along the mechanics of AvX don't make as much sense to me. Unless this event will bring them back together already, which I really hope not.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Wolverine is going to fight himself.

It'll be the classic "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself'

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Wolverine is going to fight himself.

It'll be the classic "stop stabbing yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop stabbing yourself'
Fixed!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

It will be 'Crisis of Infinite Wolverines!'

Earth Avengers' Wolverine

vs.

Earth New Avengers' Wolverine

vs.

Earth Wolverine and the X Men's Wolverine

vs.

Earth Uncanny X Force's Wolverine

vs.

Earth Wolverine's Wolverine

Who wins?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

No one, that sounds like an awful, yet absolutely hilarious idea.

But the fight would also never end, Wolverine can't die, they'd all have to be ongoings.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm going to put my money on 'Earth Wolverine's Wolverine" because it has Wolverine's name in it twice. He may not be able to die but anyone with their name in the title twice will probably come the closest.

MGM

Post by MGM »

wolf_2099 wrote:No one, that sounds like an awful, yet absolutely hilarious idea.

But the fight would also never end, Wolverine can't die, they'd all have to be ongoings.
Get Aaron and Kubert on it, and I'd buy it even it'd be a 24 issue maxi series. And let them throw in alternate universe Wolverines as well! Say, all of the ones we've seen so far.