Avengers vs. X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

A persuasive argument maybe would've gotten Jean, but I feel that she's much more a teacher than she is a fighter. Maybe after Scott 'died' in 2000, she was much more of a fighter, but I think in reality Jean would not have wanted the kids to become soldiers like Scott did. I think she would've sided with Logan.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I think the best thing to come out of this entire mess is Logan naming his school "The Jean Grey School of Higher Learning". It's such a kick to Scott's balls

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I think the best thing to come out of this entire mess is Logan naming his school "The Jean Grey School of Higher Learning". It's such a kick to Scott's balls
the fact that it got blown up in the first issue kinda proved scotts point lol... ok not really but still

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

No, it does. People are going to keep attacking your ass regardless. Sticking your head in the sand won't help

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

another thing i would like to see is the return of Bishop either in AvX or that cable story

XIII

Post by XIII »

Marvel has just won the award for the most ridiculously named mini of 2012. They have announced what is to be the ONLY tie-in to AvX and it will be... "Avengers vs. X-Men: Versus".

How fucking dumb is that name?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Marvel has just won the award for the most ridiculously named mini of 2012. They have announced what is to be the ONLY tie-in to AvX and it will be... "Avengers vs. X-Men: Versus".

MGM

Post by MGM »

Verily. But Aaron writing Iron Man vs. Magneto is obviously awesome. And I dunno what the haters at Marvel may think, but Magneto would obviously win that battle.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

MGM wrote:Verily. But Aaron writing Iron Man vs. Magneto is obviously awesome. And I dunno what the haters at Marvel may think, but Magneto would obviously win that battle.
honestly the way things have been written lately with the x-men and their powers you never really know how this battle or any of them will go. with everything magneto has done it would be really hard for me to believe that Ironman could beat him. The man shut down power around the world with an EMP once what is Tony really gonna do?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Who the fucks know with marvels writing these days.

Did anyone read defenders 2? It had one of the most ridiculous scenes I have seen lately.

Right up there with X-Men VS. Avengers: Versus.

Go Marvel. Ugh.

Chances are Iron man will have some sort of plastic armour, which will make no sense, either.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Marvel has just won the award for the most ridiculously named mini of 2012. They have announced what is to be the ONLY tie-in to AvX and it will be... "Avengers vs. X-Men: Versus".

It seems like Quesada just threw his hands up in the and said "fuck it, lets just call it Avengers vs. X-Men: Versus and charge $6.99 for it.

Least now everyone *knows* Marvel has stopped trying...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm sure Iron Man will have a ceramic armor and go "ha ha, can't get me!" and the writers will be retarded enough to forget about the bits of iron in a human's blood and make Iron Man win the battle.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm sure Iron Man will have a ceramic armor and go "ha ha, can't get me!" and the writers will be retarded enough to forget about the bits of iron in a human's blood and make Iron Man win the battle.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Except that in Magneto: not a hero Magneto clearly showed Iron Man that a non-metal suit doesn't mean a thing to Magneto. It was a scene that showcased how powerful he is. Leave it to Marvel to claim Iron Man 'learned' from that, though.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

What about the fact that any electrical system in his armour would have metal in it for electricity?

Even if it was protected against EMP, Magneto could just rip it out.

Unless somehow Iron Man has a power negating thingymabobber for mutants now.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

If he doesn't, he'll just borrow one from Mr. Fantastic; that guy has invented everything under the sun.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

I really just dont see a win in the cards for Iron Man... there isnt anything he could do short of having a sniper with a very high powered rifle perched on a nearby roof top... Magneto's powers work on almost every level of the EM spectrum in some way or another. There are just too many ways for him to attack and win against Tony. That said maybe a case could be made for advanced speed and reaction time that might give tony the edge but thats grasping at straws at best.

I wanna see what they do with storm i hate the idea of another storm vs. thor battle. Even Claremont couldnt give her the win on that one...

MGM

Post by MGM »

As long as Storm gets smashed up and broken down for good, 's all good with me.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:If he doesn't, he'll just borrow one from Mr. Fantastic; that guy has invented everything under the sun.
At some point he probably invented a sun, too.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

so having read the first two issues of Magneto: Not a Hero (highly recommended by the way) I really dont see how Tony should win a fight with magneto. They had a moment in the first issue where tony was trash talking because he was in a rubberized suit of all things and had mags in a room with little to no metal. Needless to say Mags lifted every parked car on the block and was about to hit Tony in the back with a speeding Big rig truck lol...the stars would really need to line up just right for an Ironman win here...