Marvel for February

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Marvel for February

Post by MGM »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35557

WINTER SOLDIER #1
WINTER SOLDIER #2
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #513
DAREDEVIL #9
THE PUNISHER #8
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #5
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #6
UNCANNY X-MEN #6
UNCANNY X-MEN #7
X-MEN LEGACY #262

Trying out Winter Soldier (Spy stories? Hell yes! Brubaker scripting is worth trying the first arc.). On the fence with The Punisher, so far it's not been great. And all X-titles are on the try-out list at this point. If those titles fail to deliver, they get axed. ESPECIALLY with that absurd double-shipping Marvel has taking a liking to. Piss off with that!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thank goodness its not me bitching about the double shipping for once (but I share the sentiment deeply).

Avengers has been pretty meh since Bendis started writing crossovers. The last 3-4 issues, begining with the Fear Itself Crossover have been just atrocious. People joke about Bendis and his talking head form of writing, but thats all the last few issues were: The Avengers sitting down and talking (either to a therapist, journalist or who the hell ever, about the events of Fear Itself. I'm going to drop Avengers pretty quick if the next storyline doesn't impress me.

Anyway, my books:
Defenders #3
Avengers #22 & 23
DareDevil #9
Punisher #8
Wolverine and the X-Men #5 & 6
Uncanny X-Men #5 & 6
X-Men: Legacy #262

XIII

Post by XIII »

CAPTAIN AMERICA: PRISONER OF WAR TPB
THE PUNISHER #8
FANTASTIC FOUR #603
FF #15
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #5
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #6
WOLVERINE #301
WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN ALPHA & OMEGA #2 (OF 5)
PUNISHERMAX #22

Haha, I can't believe they think people will want to spend $100 on the Crossing Omnibus. It's probably one of the worst Avengers storylines ever.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm always torn on Marvel's Double shipping. On one side, I hate spending twice the money on the more expensive books I get each month. On the other, I love getting almost twice the amount of X-Men books every month. If you're going to double ship books, they need to be 2.99, rather than 3.99, so you're making up for profits and justifying multiple issues a month. But that's just me.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #679
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #679.1
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #680
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #5
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #6
UNCANNY X-MEN #6
UNCANNY X-MEN #7
X-MEN LEGACY #262
MAGNETO: NOT A HERO #4 (OF 4)
X-MEN #24
X-MEN #25
ASTONISHING X-MEN #47

Maybe:
DEFENDERS #3

What's with that HORRIBLE McKone cover on Astonishing? It looks like he did it with his non-dominant hand or barely tried. Defenders is dependent on how I like the first issue, and even Amazing Spider-Man is kind of issue dependent anymore.