Brotherhood of (not)Evil X-men (spoilers)

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

CHEMICALX

Brotherhood of (not)Evil X-men (spoilers)

Post by CHEMICALX »

So post schism ole one eye has decided to create a team of x-men that can address any threat and show that mutants should be loved and if not that feared...the team includes:

Cyclopes
Emma Frost
Magneto
Colossus-naught
Magik
Danger(room)
Namor
Storm
Hope Summers

What are your thoughts on this team and direction?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I haven't really been a fan of Cyclops for awhile. He's been shown as too much of a dick, I'd rather he be more badass and dickery.

Now, the team itself, I find it interesting. Lot of influential people (Mags, Namor, Storm, Emma). I can see a couple of them clashing heads at some point. Namor seems to only be on the team for Emma so if he ever realizes he truly has no chance with her then he'll likely leave. I also see there being a potential problem with Mags and Namor possibly not wanting to take certain orders from Cyclops.

I really don't like Storm on the team, and wonder how well she'll be on the team once she becomes part of the Avengers early next year.

Magik and Colossus make sense, both are really unstable and should stay away from a school setting.

Danger is going to be an interesting addition, especially given how she was supposedly "upgraded" in the first issue yet they don't tell you how.

Hope...well, I still don't know much about her but am very excited to see how she interacts with what appears to be the Phoenix Entity in an upcoming arc Marvel keeps teasing.

I'm much more interested in Wolverine's team than this team.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Uncanny was an ok read, but Wolverine & The X-Men was definitely the stronger book. I am looking forward to the possible power struggles in Uncanny, but to be honest, Namor & Magneto have been on the team already for so long without much of a problem, I don't see them trying to upstage much now. But who knows.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The team is an interesting mix. I like that Cyke is being a dick. For too long he's been shown as being a by-the-books guy with no sense of humor. I like that his new outlook is somewhat darker and actually leaning towards Magneto's pov. Not that Cyke has advocating all out war against humans but that he's definitely more about neutralizing (if not shooting) first and asking questions later.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've liked Scott's attitude change as well. I normally never cared for him, but pretty much from their move to SF to now he's been much more interesting. I really do like "National Leader" Cyclops. His shift has him as someone who Namor and Magneto would follow, which I don't think ever would have happened in the past.

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

I think there is still a good deal of potential for drama on this team. as mentioned Namor and Emma have been doing some very heavy flirting lately I think once Scott finds out about that it could become an issue. Also I wonder if storm has any left over feelings for Namor after Age of X. They could easily come to light. Magneto could also create some relationship drama pretty easily...

Storm being on the team makes sense to me because at the end of the day she wants to make sure the x-men stay good guys...and has the strength of character and power to her beliefs up if any of them start heading in the wrong direction. Colossus and Magik will follow her naturally and most of the others will fall in line if she decided to push

Scott on the whole has become a character that i have gone from not caring at all about to one i hate so i applaud his development... i want him to not be a jerk anymore though. sometimes i look forward to Jean coming back to see im thrown off his game again

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Most of Magneto's relationship drama comes in with Rogue and Gambit, who left with Wolverine, but I wouldn't be surprised if he heads west from time to time to play between the teams, if only to get to Rogue.

Some of them might follow behind Storm, but Colossus is beginning to be a wild card. As Colossus, sue he would. But as Juggernaut, he may not and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets addicted to the Juggernaut persona more and more.

However, my one problem with that is this: Did we ever see Cain Marko saying things like "I want to spill their blood" and "Crush all of their bodies" when he was the Juggernaut? Because I don't ever remember that. So, why is Colossus acting like he's some bloodthirsty maniac?

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

Cain had the Juggernaut powers for years before he was introduced in x-men and we never really get much about his history in the early days. It may have taken a long time for him to gain control of the darker aspects of his personna so that he could control it. The other thing is until the chuck austin days (unless i'm wrong) Cain showed no concern for life innocent or otherwise and really wasnt given much of a voice beyond being unstopable. I thinik we see more of the influence in pete because he is a focus character of the book and we get a peek into his inner thoughts which we never got before for a Juggy. mind you i am just pulling this all out of my arse so who knows ...

I look forward to storm having to draw a serious hard line with teh team to say what they can and can not do and what lengths she will go to for keeping everyone honest. It really does seem like she is taking a step up and getting some of her backbone back from when she actually led the x-men and was more than just wallpaper.