Heroes for Higher

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

Heroes for Hire

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Is anyone else picking this up?

After finding more copies of the first 7 issues at our store, I nabbed it at the high recommendation of the owner. And I have to say, I've been really pretty impressed with it.

It has Misty Knight working as a sort of Oracle, but she hires out heroes and 'pays' them with tips and info on cases they may be working on or leads she's gathered on particular villains or gangs, since most of them are street level heroes. It feels very much like what you would think a book like Birds of Prey would be. The only one hero who's basically on the constant payroll is Paladin, who I was unfamiliar with until I read this book.

I guess you can't really go wrong with Abnett & Lanning teaming up to write a book, and the art has been amazing for over half the series. If I recall, Brad Walker is the artist for at least five of the now 8 issues to have come out and when he does the art it's very very good, though I need to double check. Otherwise it's not terrible but the story is still very good.

I highly recommend this is you're into more street level, heroes fighting gangs, or even a very changing cast of characters in a hero book. Very good stuff.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Higher Learning?
Higher Ground?

:D

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Aw, Fuck it.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Higher Learning?
Higher Ground?

:D
I was going to point this out, especially since he is a teacher, but couldn't think of a good joke.

I tip my hat to you, sir.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah well it's no secret that I can't spell for shit. Pretty much ever. It's actually kind of sad sometimes. Here, I just wasn't thinking. I was, sadly, looking right at my copy of issue 8 when I wrote this though.