Amazing Spider-man Collection: Thoughts?

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Amazing Spider-man Collection: Thoughts?

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I was thinking of buying The Amazing Spider-man Collection vol 1-5 which collects, I believe, the entirety of JMS run on Spider-man from when he began in early 01 up until very recently, but I wanted to know if it was a worthwhile investment; was JMS run that good and worth getting?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It was pretty good, yeah. Dunno if I'd get it, but... well, actually, I wouldn't mind having it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Meh, it started strong but then it went into strange sorcery/mystic territory and I gave up on it.

From what I heard, you'd have a better time collecting Brand New Day.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I really enjoyed the start, it was awesome spidey comics. The mystic stuff was good, not great though.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Hmm, so sounds like maybe I'll try the first 2 trades and if I like the progression, get the third and so on and so forth.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I believe I've read the first two trades. I think the first one deals with an important moving forward story point to do with Peter and Aunt May. This was strong.
I don't think I've read all of JMS and JRJ's, because I don't remember reading a conclusion to the whole totem spider magic thing.