Amazing Spidey 654.1 / Carnage 3 [spoilers]

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

jedispyder

Amazing Spidey 654.1 / Carnage 3 [spoilers]

Post by jedispyder »

Have to say, I really enjoyed this issue. I wondered how it would be since it was the first Point One issue that I've read and have come to the conclusion Marvel is fucking idiotic to make this a Point One issue. It was all about the new Venom going on his first field missions. It wasn't new reader friendly at all. No explanation about the symbiote or anything like that. Hell, it didn't even star Spider-Man at all! Peter Parker was shown in 2 panels wallowing in misery with MJ over him leading to Mrs. Jameson's death, that's it. I found it pretty continuity heavy with the introduction pieces in the previous issue to be a necessary read. It would have probably done more business if it was solicited as an issue of Venom. All in all, great issue but horrible Point One example.

Oh, and they made a huge reveal in the new Carnage as well: Kletus Cassiday is not dead! The symbiote kept him alive in space for a year. The corporation that saved the symbiote also nursed Keltus back to health, installing him with metal legs since, you know, Sentry ripped him in half. It also sounds like only a year or so has passed since New Avengers happened, since they said he was floating in orbit for a year. I figure a couple months of rehabilitation, meaning 1.5 years or so for the 5-6 "real" years.