Moon Knight by Bendis & Maleev

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Moon Knight by Bendis & Maleev

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It's time for another one of Marvel's "Next Big Thing" conference calls with members of the comic book press, and it's a big one — writer Brian Michael Bendis, artist Alex Maleev and Marvel's senior vice president of publishing Tom Brevoort talking about the May-debuting Moon Knight series
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/bendis- ... 10210.html

I've been pretty wary of Marvel as of late due to their douchey practices & shitty mega-events but I might be inclined to pick up Moon Knight. Bendis & Maleev did a spectacular job on DD & I feel they might be able to work their same magic on Moon Knight which is similar to DD in some ways. Also, MK being a third tier character, it'll be nice to read something a little more obscure.

Also, it's Maleev. I'm hoping when I meet him at a Con to sign my Mk #1, he'll throw it back in my face rather than sign it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You expect me to draw this piece of shit character?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yes, yes I do.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I kinda want to try it as well. Hoping I can resist, but it's me and I'll likely get the first issue at least...

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'll be getting this piece of shit comic.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I'll give it a go.

Note - Maleev will probably not attend NYCC2011. When he finds out it's now a four day event, his response to this will be, "I'm not doing a four day piece of shit convention!", followed by him storming off.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Or he'll be thrilled to have 4 days of throwing shit instead of 3, and be there.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

On second thought, I might just pass on this. I had forgotten that Marvel is still continuing the practice of price gouging by pricing most of their books at $3.99. Bendis & Maleev are an amazing team but I don't want to pony up $3.99 for yet another Marvel title.

I think I'd much rather pick up Mark Waid's Ruse. I've been meaning to expand my mainstream comic reading beyond capes & the like and Mark Waid's fantasy series looks to be a good place to start and it's reasonable: $2.99

Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up the first issue of MK and get the rest in trades where it'll definitely be cheaper