The New Man Without Fear is.. (Potential Spoilers)

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

The New Man Without Fear is.. (Potential Spoilers)

Post by Tragic Angelus »

From Newsarama.com:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/black-panther-daredevil-100914.html

The Black Panther.

As of issue #513, the ongoing Daredevil series — previously reported to be ending with #512 in November — will become Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.

The news also lists the creative team as novelist David Liss and aritst Francesco Francavilla.

So what do you think? I know more of you read Daredevil than those of us that don't which is why I posted this and was curious to your reaction. As someone who hasn't read Daredevil in years and isn't keeping up to date on him or Shadowland, this is a bit of new info for me, and while I like the premise was curious to what you all thought. Anyone going to keep up with it or start with it here?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Ok, so when has Black Panther had ANY connection to Daredevil or Hell's Kitchen?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm assuming more recently in Shadowland, though I do recall when the Marvel Knights imprint ran, wasn't Black Panther one of the primary titles alongside Daredevil, Punisher, and the Inhumans?

And the premise is part of the series, with Black Panther being out of his element now and lacking all of his normal resources by operating out of Hell's Kitchen I believe.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I've been flipping through Shadowland and downloading them don't remember seeing Black Panther. It's just weird for him to be there, doesn't fully makes sense. I do like the idea of him being out of his element, but still there is nothing to indicate why it would be Black Panther.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I have no idea either. I suppose tho, out of the five listed he makes the most sense and interest level, in my opinion, just shy of maybe Falcon, or possibly Kraven to an extent.

Like I said, I haven't been reading Daredevil or any related titles for a long time, but Nova, Gambit, and most of the others don't seem to fit the concept of Man Without Fear to me, even if one or two of them had been playing roles in the ongoing.

XIII

Post by XIII »

OK, that's a nice piece of rubbish and probably just a way for Marvel to keep the title running. This way, they'll have this Man without Fear book AND a new Daredevil title.

I'm not enjoying Shadowland that much, by the way.

MGM

Post by MGM »

The mini itself is pure rubbish, the storyline in the Daredevil book is much more interesting.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

So not interested in the new directions...I may, however, just pick up all DD back issues from when I dropped the title to the end of Shadowland just to see what went on.