X-Men Legacy #238

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

X-Men Legacy #238

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Glad to see this book back to it's "isolated" nature and out of the crossover, as I've really really liked it since Mesiah CompleX. Though I'm still a bit opposed to a somewhat Rogue solo book, I'm very much ok with Rogue and a constantly changing X-Men line up.

Here it's Rogue, Magneto, Indra, Loa, and Anola (the last two I have less familiarity with than Indra) heading to India to see Indra's family.

Meanwhile we get introductions to a (possibly?) new dimension/reality and set of characters there (unless they're from another book, past story, etc that I'm not familiar with) and a young girl who escapes it and happens to pop up in India around Rogue and her gang.

Overall not bad, and I'm ok with the art, though it seems to be just above Portacio's on Uncanny. I'm interested in Indra's character as he was discussing things with Rogue prior to Second Coming, and glad to see them coming back to that. Bit more interesting so far than the Five Lights story in Uncanny, though the enemies chasing the young girl are a bit too familiar at this point.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Legacy is back to being a single serving title? I'm need to get on that immediately.

Also my other problem is that I have about 2-3 weeks woth of titles I have brought but not yet read. This includes trades as well.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah, it's back to Rogue as the primary focus, though she'll kind of have a rotating team of younger members, and I'm sure top tier characters with her, like Magneto is now, joining up and going on missions and the like.

Also, it appears from what I read on another review that it's not a new set of charcters or reality, but The Vault, from an early story by Carey. I didn't notice that at all.