Most Disappointing Story Arcs

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

Fasheem wrote:I addressed this in my post. :soapbox: No one expected it to be shit when he first started.
I'm not reading all that! It's a Euro thing, didn't you know? :D

I'm so accustomed to Austen = HACK that I had no idea this fact wasn't around when he started on X-Men.

Python

Post by Python »

XIII wrote:Fuck you all, the Morrison era was the best the X-Men had been in years.
That's not saying much. Vomit may be better than crap, but it's still vomit. :monocle:
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

This wasn't vomit, this was Morrisson shitting gold :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:This wasn't vomit, this was Morrisson shitting gold :D
Final Crisis was Morrision shitting shit, that was passed off as gold.

And it could have been oh so awesome.

The Clone Saga could have actually been an awesome storyline, with the Scarlet Spider and what not, and it bombed, terribly.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Powerless was a massive let down. It was a what-if story that had a great premise. What type of lives would Peter Parker, Matt Murdoch, & Logan have if they never became heroes. Instead being what could have been a great read, it was boring as all hell.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

XIII wrote:Fuck you all, the Morrison era was the best the X-Men had been in years.
:smilielol5:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

spiderman clone was the worst comic plot ever

so was morisson killing jean just because of the movie
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I'm not disputing that. It was amazing. I found it didn't hold up to a second read though. Lots of cool moments still, but it didn't have the same punch to it.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Fasheem wrote:I'm not disputing that. It was amazing. I found it didn't hold up to a second read though. Lots of cool moments still, but it didn't have the same punch to it.
Shit. I'm about to re-read it, too.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

wolf_2099 wrote:Shit. I'm about to re-read it, too.
Be sure to report back to us on how it goes. Maybe it was just me.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

the morisson era was just as bad as the anime/nurse annie era
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

oooooooooohhhh he just done said it son

JediMindTrick

Post by JediMindTrick »

Batman:RIP, Final Crisis, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaitaminute, wrong publisher.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

But still right idea

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

HEROES REBORN

sorry, i hate Rob Liefeld no matter who he's drawing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

The thing with Chuck Austen was, I had some hope because the run before that (with Joe Casey) was complete dogshit. So my line of thinking was "It can't get any worse". Oh, but it could and did! It's sad, because the lineup he had was pretty original: Wolverine, Angel, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Juggernaut, Husk, and Northstar. Ohs wells.

I was disappointed with X-Men when Alan Davis took over the writing chores from the awesome combo of Joe Kelly and Steve T. Seagle. This was also back when editorial (Mark Powers and Bob Harris) pretty much told the writers what to write, which led to them leaving the books.

Say what you want about Joe Quesada, but I give him this: he let the writers take control again! I HATED the Bob Harris regime in that there was so much editorial control that it ruined the books. No high profile writer wanted to take on X-Men because it was such a fuckin' headache. Mark Waid ditched the gig after a handful of issues because of that and Scott Lobdell being a dick or something.

Operation Zero Tolerance was a letdown. The storyline running in Wolverine was crap and so was the one in the adjective less book. Spider-Man's Clone Saga and Wolverine losing his adamantium were cool stories that turned to shit because they were dragged out WAY too long. The Clone Saga should have ended when the Jackal died and Wolverine should have gotten the metal back in issue #100 (instead he lost his nose).
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!