X-Men: Forever - Claremont's Back?

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Python

Post by Python »

wolf_2099 wrote:You'd have a better time putting your money in a homeless tranny hooker's g-string.
No. I wouldn't

I totally wouldn't. :)
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan »

Fasheem wrote:Sing it, brother!

And what do you mean "Claremont's Back?"? He's been back for EIGHT years. Fuck him and fuck his stupid "six month gap". Maybe I should actually thank him since THAT is the event that made me QUIT BUYING COMICS like a horrible completist compulsion. It left me free to buy only the good ones, praise jebus. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Marvel kept messing with his story in order to try to capitalize off the movie.
Fasheem wrote:At least they aren't really giving him full control again this time. It's all make-believe.
When did they really give Claremont full control?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I will give Claremont this.

He is an extremely, extremely nice man.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

ShadowMan wrote:Marvel kept messing with his story in order to try to capitalize off the movie.
If that were true, why would he have been using and focusing on so many characters who weren't in the movie at all?

Also why was the movie nothing like his run?

I'm thinking about the first "six month gap" issue. That was shit, and you can't blame anyone but Claremont for that.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fasheem wrote:If that were true, why would he have been using and focusing on so many characters who weren't in the movie at all?

Also why was the movie nothing like his run?

I'm thinking about the first "six month gap" issue. That was shit, and you can't blame anyone but Claremont for that.
+10,000

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan »

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

that fucked off all the x-books with the six month rule especially x-force turning into what the x-men turned into a year later lol

and claremont had more freedom over the x-titles back in the 80's and he does his best work when editors dont interfere. i thought x-treme x-men was some of his best writing since the early 90's (if u take out thunderbird 3 and that surfer dude).

come on, wolverine only appeared maybe once every eight issues to help out and that was it!! these days they act liek they cant go an issue without him
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Python

Post by Python »

X-Treme X-Men was Claremont's handywork? I remember liking that series, if it's the one where they're searching for Destiny's diaries. I thought that was a very clever premise. Did that ever pan out?
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

they got what they could get and came back home after jean died and xorn fucked everything up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MGM

Post by MGM »

Python wrote:X-Treme X-Men was Claremont's handywork? I remember liking that series, if it's the one where they're searching for Destiny's diaries. I thought that was a very clever premise. Did that ever pan out?
That's the one, it was a pretty good book. But only because it was Claremon't playcorner of the MU and everyone let him be. I think they never made it past 3 of the books or so.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan »

I enjoyed X-Treme X-Men as well. Salvador Larroca was amazing as the artist for that book. I really did not like that Jemas took Larroca off of that book and put him on Namor that Jemas was writing.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I enjoyed X-treme X-men as well but after about 20 something issues, I started to get bored with it before dropping it.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I couldn't tolerate X-Treme X-Men but it wasn't Claremont's fault. I couldn't get past the digital inking. Like fingernails scraping on my corneas!!
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The story took awhile for me to warm up to.. and I remember putting reading hte books off for awhile until I had about a years worth of issues to sit down and read at once.. after that it was easier for me to get through...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I didn't like some of the decisions made during X-Treme X-Men, especially the Storm arc that was supposed to be a mini-series but instead became part of the actual title, stupid as hell...

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

Fasheem wrote:I couldn't tolerate X-Treme X-Men but it wasn't Claremont's fault. I couldn't get past the digital inking. Like fingernails scraping on my corneas!!
i LOVED that inking! i wanna see marc silvestri pencil the x-men that way
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]