X-Men Legacy

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Fasheem

X-Men Legacy

Post by Fasheem »

Loving it. When's the last time Prof X has been so interesting?

Great art too.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I enjoy the book. I wasn't thrilled when it was retooled as an 'Xavier only' book, but the first two issues that way were really well done, and the art has been fantastic. I loved seeing less used characters that I love like Shaw come back and be a big part of the book as well. The Xavier storyline is supposedly coming to a close here soon, and I think it's with this arc as it is, so I'm really interested to see what they bring up next.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

i heard rogue and gambit was next. after that, i don't know. A ten part Nightcrawler solo story would be interesting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The Rogue storyline is currently going on now, as Xavier has sought her out to make amends for never really delivering on the promise he made and finally tieing up Danger. though I'm not sure they'll do another one immediately afterwards. Gambit's been involved in this book quite a bit since Xavier took over as the main lead.

I'm not sure they could do more Rogue/Gambit after this storyline.. it just feels like overkill at that point, though 12+ issues with Xavier as the lead hasn't been bad at all I must say so who knows, maybe they could pull it off alright.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I love Mike Carey and I'm so happy he's still writing X-books. He has a real knack for it. Everything I've been reading has been by either him or Chris Yost which might have something to do with my current fanatical love of the X-books.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well I just peaked at the X-Men solicits for July and there is a two part Danger/Rogue/Gambit storyline with them heading off to San Francisco to get involved in the Dark Reign bit of things coming up, but it doesn't allude to what or who'll be around after that 2 parter.

Carey's been great on this book, and I really really have been enjoying his style. And the art is very very clear and clean which I really like as well. These two could definitely work well on a very small, tight X-Men team if given the right amount of freedom.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

watch them fuck up the book eventually with a thunderbird III solo or a story on any of the young x-men characters
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

If they did write one of those stories, you know it would be good. It's not the characters, it's the writer.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Agreed. Carey took a character I rarely cared for in Xavier and made me enjoy reading a book based almost solely around him every month. If he did write a story with any of those characters, I have a feeling he could successfully pull it off. I'm not saying I hope he does it, but if he were to go for it, i'd definitely give it a shot based on how well he's done so far with characters I rarely cared for.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The Xavier-centric storyline has been mostly enjoyable but the last few issues have felt like they were being dragged out. I want to read something different with a new lead character. I'm not saying toss Xavier to the side completely but a change of direction would be nice.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

When Legacy started goin the Xavier route i was half expecting for him to piece together his own X-Men team since Scott booted him out, with Rogue, Gambit, and a few other old x-men that been laying in the shitter lately. kinda like how the Avengers and New Avengers are now fighting for the same goal but in different ways....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/040922-Carey-Legacy.html

Newsarama interview with Carey on the end of Xavier's story, and what he'll be doing next in terms of Legacy and other projects.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I approve