LITTLE KNOWN MARVEL FACTS

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Goshin

LITTLE KNOWN MARVEL FACTS

Post by Goshin »

post interesting facts that arent really well known about various marvel characters here!!!

for example....

Sabretooth started out as an iron fist villain in the 70s created by claremont and byrne (x-men aint the only comic they worked on back then)

Bishop started out in the old hip hop and rnb group "fuill force" in the 80s and later appeared as a villain in "house party" and "house party 2" before joining the x-men

your turn :banana2:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JediMindTrick

Post by JediMindTrick »

gwen stacy was killed off because the writer couldn't stand her
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Joe Quesada hates the instituion of marriage, hence One More Day & Brand New Day.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Peter and MJ were married in comics just because they got married in the newspaper.

The Human Torch "retired" from the FF at one point because some dipshit kid caught himself on fire trying to emulate the Torch. Dumbass motherfuckers...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Bendis is a hack

Oh wait, you said "little known facts" :D

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Joe Quesada hates the instituion of marriage, hence One More Day & Brand New Day.
We don't invoke the names of those wretched comics. Image
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Bendis is a hack

Oh wait, you said "little known facts" :D
My favorite Marvel Fact of All Time :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Joe Quesada hates the instituion of marriage, hence One More Day & Brand New Day.
How is this a little known fact when I read it in the globe and mail newspaper
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Its guaranteed that if Peter David works on any title including "Hulk" he's gonna get buttfucked in the end by Marvel. She-Hulk 3 times, Hulk 2 times (I think its been 2 times).

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

jedispyder wrote:Its guaranteed that if Peter David works on any title including "Hulk" he's gonna get buttfucked in the end by Marvel. She-Hulk 3 times, Hulk 2 times (I think its been 2 times).
Umm, I think butt fucked by Marvel no matter what.

I am waiting for X-Factor to get screwed over.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

wolf_2099 wrote:Umm, I think butt fucked by Marvel no matter what.

I am waiting for X-Factor to get screwed over.
thats how x-factor turned to shit the first time

we got fucked out of marvel vs capcom 3 because marvel got bigheaded when they started making major money off their movies
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Goshin wrote:thats how x-factor turned to shit the first time

we got fucked out of marvel vs capcom 3 because marvel got bigheaded when they started making major money off their movies
Yeah, although I am pretty sure part of his contract for X-Factor now is that there is no interference in his work, ala forcing him to do cross over story lines.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

wolf_2099 wrote:Yeah, although I am pretty sure part of his contract for X-Factor now is that there is no interference in his work, ala forcing him to do cross over story lines.

like throwing them in messiah complex or a skrull being so desperate he would pretend to be longshot. i thought that was gambit's job....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

marvel's non smoking policy is a bitch move for a company that dabs into mature titles and has gay couples on some of their teams
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Python

Post by Python »

Wait, Marvel characters are no longer allowed to smoke? No more Wolvie chomping on cigars, or Gambit smokin' away in some back alley? =o(
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

MGM

Post by MGM »

It's been very long that way now. It's kinda silly, really. Just like, someone pointed that out to me, the US version of Life on Mars: ashtrays and cigarette butts everywhere, but no one smokes on screen.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Python wrote:Wait, Marvel characters are no longer allowed to smoke? No more Wolvie chomping on cigars, or Gambit smokin' away in some back alley? =o(
It's been that way since 00 or 01 I think.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I've heard some great gossip over the years. My favourite was the one about how they will only hire attractive women... except for [name of actual Marvel employee].

Not a character but WOW, what a burn.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

Fasheem wrote:I've heard some great gossip over the years. My favourite was the one about how they will only hire attractive women... except for [name of actual Marvel employee].

Not a character but WOW, what a burn.

but i thought only old fat dudes and thirty year old fanboys worked at marvel. they should be happy with what they get lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Python wrote:Wait, Marvel characters are no longer allowed to smoke? No more Wolvie chomping on cigars, or Gambit smokin' away in some back alley? =o(
Kinda shows how no one really notices.
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!