Return of the Clone Saga!!!

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Return of the Clone Saga!!!

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE SAGA #1 (of 6)
Written by HOWARD MACKIE & TOM DEFALCO
Penciled by TODD NAUCK
Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
You’ve been asking for it…and now it’s here: THE CLONE SAGA!!! Marvel’s most controversial event of all time returns with a vengeance, presenting the Clone Saga as it was originally intended to be told! From the minds behind the crossover that changed comics forever and the artist that introduced Spider-Man to President Obama, it’s six issues of twists and turns that will shock fans old and new alike! Be here as Peter Parker’s worst nightmare begins again…now with an ending you have to see to believe!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That said, this is still a rumor, as Superpouvoir has cited Marvel’s web site as their source, and my run-through of the site has found no such announcement.

Full article:
http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/06/13/ru ... ent-466124

Finally!!! We can get back to the glory days of the 90s when everything was cool! Flashy designs, explosions, twist endings, reversing twist endings, reversing the reversed twist endings, variant covers! And now the return of the greatest storyline EVAR!

Welcome back Clone Saga! I have missed you!

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

this better be a rumor.....

is bone claw bandana hairy elbows wolverine coming back next? how about heroes reborn or *ugh* rob liefeld?

im sorry but the 90s for comics sucked. or at least from 93 on up......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XIII

Post by XIII »

Heroes reborn and rob liefeld already came back. Couple of years ago.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

i was always more of a marc silvestri fan out of all the major artists from that era. i always liked him a little better than jim lee. silvestri comes back to do special issues and covers from time to time but jim lee too big headed to come back to what made him famous. could you imagine a jim lee poster of the current line up in their current costumes with a sexy emma frost? we all seen what he did to rogue and psylocke imagine a jim lee emma frost.

rob liefeld was crap on a stick. everybody mouth was always open and the chicks had big muscles and everybody had big-ass rifles that look like staple guns.

rob liefeld was the frank quietly of the early 90s. once the hype die down wonder what the hell kinda crap it was and why u liked it. kinda like how u listen to mc hammer when u were ten and when u grow up and hear the song again u wonder why the hell u like that crap when u were younger.

but yea the 90s sucked and the clone saga should never even be mentioned again. i used to read spiderman when i was a kid but quit reading and stuck strictly to x-titles after the clone saga and all that aunt may dying and shit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Python

Post by Python »

You’ve been asking for it…and now it’s here: THE CLONE SAGA!!!
Who has been asking for it? People in mental wards?

W
T
F

I think the House of Ideas is turning into a House of Cards.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

XIII

Post by XIII »

They are doing 90s homage variant covers.

Anyway, the story is true and the book is indeed solicited : the Clone Saga is back.

MGM

Post by MGM »

80's, actually.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Sarcasm aside, though I loathed what the Clone Saga eventually became, I am genuinely curious as to what the original Clone Saga was supposed to be. I certainely won't be shelling out any money for it when it hits the stands, but I'll definitely skim the trade when its released. Re: skim in a bookstore; not buy :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I love the clone saga just because I consider it a big part of why I got into comics.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

so its basically 'spiderman forever', like starting spiderman over in 1995 like that new x-men book?

ben reilly should stay dead like uncle ben, jean grey, thunderbird, and buc-oops!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Goshin wrote:so its basically 'spiderman forever', like starting spiderman over in 1995 like that new x-men book?

ben reilly should stay dead like uncle ben, jean grey, thunderbird, and buc-oops!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! I LOVE HIM/HER! THE SCARLET SPIDER/PHOENIX ARE AWESOME!

I WANT THEM BACK!

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:80's, actually.
Smells like Teen Spirit is the 80s to you? You disappoint, Dutchie.

MGM

Post by MGM »

No, but the whole ordeal is an 80's homage. Because Thriller and striking a pose are certianly not 90's.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:No, but the whole ordeal is an 80's homage. Because Thriller and striking a pose are certianly not 90's.
You have completely lost me good sir.

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:No, but the whole ordeal is an 80's homage. Because Thriller and striking a pose are certianly not 90's.
Then I'll consider this 80s and 90s.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Ah, it indeed is 80's and 90's.
wolf_2099 wrote:You have completely lost me good sir.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/06/01/ma ... s-and-90s/

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Oh, okay. Thank you.