Captain America News (spoilers!!!!)

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

XIII

Captain America News (spoilers!!!!)

Post by XIII »

So Marvel revealed today that Steve Rogers is going to be back. Back as Captain America. I haven't read the various articles regarding this story as I'm following the Cap America book on trade so I want as little as possible spoiled

You can find plenty of info about it on cbr or Newsarama. The "mysterious" Reborn mini by Brubaker and Hitch will be about the return of the Rogers.

We all knew this would happen but what are you thoughts? I'm a little disappointed as it's a very obvious thing to do.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I guess it all depends on how well it's done.

In some respects, I don't mind that they are bringing him back in what seems like no time at all. Us readers are completely desensitised these days to the story line impact of superhero death that the inevitable resurrection story is simply the concluding chapter to the larger death story that we've all been waiting for, which will hopefully lead to the beginning of a fresh new premise for the hero. Plus, Civil War and Cap's death at the end of Civil War just wasn't that big a deal as it should have been, so roll on new story.

The other point here is it's not like Jean Grey, where there have been so many repeat stories that it's really about time to board the well up shut and make sure no one can go back to it. :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

As long as Brubaker is doing it, I am game. His Cap has been so good, whatever he wants to do, I am all for it.

Look at what he did with Bucky for chrissakes.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Oh, and as Wally said, I always expected Steve Rogers returns to be the bookend to his run on Cap, just seemed the way to close out a phenomenal run.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Here you have a six-page preview of Reborn #1 : http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocom ... erica.html

So Hitch isn't handling the art chores alone, they brought Butch Guice around to help with that. Not a bad idea if you want the book to stay on time...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I have fiddling with the idea of getting the Captain America Omnibus...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

So this is the "big" thing that forced Marvel to release the title on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday? WTF? IMO that's not all that big to hype it up this much.

It was rumored by Rich Johonston (sp) about 2 months ago but he is hit or miss. So it turns out this time he was a hit.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

i knew this would happen one day lol

steve rogers cap has always been up in the big three marvel characters he my second fave non-x character behind spiderman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

so what will happen to bucky will he die again, start wearing that ugly gay blue and red bubcy suit again or become the new US Agent? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XIII

Post by XIII »

jedispyder wrote:So this is the "big" thing that forced Marvel to release the title on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday? WTF? IMO that's not all that big to hype it up this much.
They released it on Monday, not Tuesday. But it didn't work out so well apparently if you read various retailers reports.
On the other hand, Marvel failed to mention Cap #600 and its release date in its PR stunt so there goes that...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My store is closed on Mondays so I guess I forgot that other stores get it in that day, lol.