Uncanny X-Men #509

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Uncanny X-Men #509

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The issue was okay, but what I thought was really interesting was the side story in which Trask introduced Proposition X, a measure to force people with the X-Gene to undergo mandatory birth control.

Clearly a reference to the Prop 8 measure in California not too long ago. I really hope Fraction plays this well and doesn't just end it hastily in a couple of issues.

Oh yea, and the X-Men getting ambushed is nothing new or exciting.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Prop X is way too out of line to be considered seriously, really. Not being able to marry I can sort of grasp somehow (but not really), but birth control? I know the MU is much more bigot than the real universe, but this is absurd.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I'm dropping this soon. It' has all these interesting ideas and a fresh new setting and it is delivering storylines out of the ideas, but it all seems like the different story threads are inconsequential somehow.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm keeping with this until the Magneto part has played out, if it's not getting better by then it's off my list as well. It's a mixed bag, some parts are really good, some are really not.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Really? I'm loving Uncanny under Fraction's writing. It's the first time I've been really enthralled and entertained by the book in awhile.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

It was interesting at first, but his writing style has gotten tiresome.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I've figured it out. Putting Greg Land on the book made it just too obvious. Fraction is the Greg Land of writing. Take tons of stills, moments of coolness, and combine them into something that is somehow less than the sum of their value apart.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

all i gotta say is....

Dazzler is back

Moving out the mansion for the first time in twenty years

Magneto's powers are back

the Trask family, sentinels around the corner...?

Spiral and Lady Deathstrike back with they first new costumes since the pre-massacre days

and.....

BRITISH PSYLOCKE IN HER ARMOR KICKING THE CRAP OUTTA WOLVERINE!!!!!!

best part.....

Dr. Nemesis making a smart remark to Wolverine about wishing he could have seen his ass kicked by a buncha women lol

yea the artwork aint the best but these are the best x-stories in years
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]