Shipping March 31

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Shipping March 31

Post by wolf_2099 »

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/newreleases.txt

JAN100231 BLACKEST NIGHT #8 (OF 8) $3.99
JAN100241 DETECTIVE COMICS #863 $3.99
JAN100511 DARK WOLVERINE #84 SIEGE $2.99
JAN100606 REALM OF KINGS INHUMANS #5 (OF 5) $3.99
JAN100620 WOLVERINE ORIGINS #46 $2.99
JAN100617 X-FORCE #25 $2.99
JAN100814 INCORRUPTIBLE #4 $3.99

And with this being the last week of Det. I realize I am no longer buying any big super heroes books besides GL and X-Men. My comic book guy gives me the Avengers books, but not sure if I'd actually buy them.

Super-Man, Batman, Spider-Man, WW, JLA, JSA, have all been dropped over the last few months from stale stories. I am also seriously considering dropping Green Lantern, as I really have found Blackest Night be the same old shit, and I just don't like any of the characters enough.

Even X-Men I have dropped a lot of, but damnit, I do love me my mutants.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

BLACKEST NIGHT #8 (OF 8)
DETECTIVE COMICS #863
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #43
OUTSIDERS #28
WONDER WOMAN #42
REALM OF KINGS INHUMANS #5 (OF 5)
X-MEN SECOND COMING #1

Well, my last issue of Detective as well now that it's the last issue with Rucka, I'm done with Adventure to bide my time till the LoSH ongoing, and we get the end to BN, which I on the other hand have been enjoying. And more than likely, this ends my run with the Inhumans, who I've loved, but I dont' think I want to invest in another Cosmic storyline with 2 or 3 times as many characters I dont' really care about.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I'm feeling the same way about Realm of Kings, but Abnett and Lanning are doing a very good job of it, and wish they'd get more high profile characters

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I agree, the stories are really solid and well told, and pull a lot together. It just hurts me when I can't afford, or have interest in, books like Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, and a few others. Plus, the Thanos story doesn't interest me as much, especially having not read any of the Annihilation stories.

This will also mark my departure from following Vulcan since his first appearence.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Blackest Night 8 spoilers are out. I have to avoid certain parts of the internet for the next day. Guess I'll do what I planned to do and read all of the main Blackest Night titles + direct tie-ins. Maybe I can catalog the order to read the series in? Gotta take my mind off my weak-willed self cause I so want to read spoilers. Grrr...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well, I just hope I get to read the issue tomorrow. I've got a few other things going on just after I buy my books, so it might be either later that night or the next day till I do.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Star Wars Legacy #46
Gotham City Sirens #10
Justice League of America #43
Justice Society of America #37
Sensation She-Hulk #1

Wonder Woman: Ends of the Earth tpb

A week or so ago I was persuing some back issues because I was considering buying the entire main run of Blackest Night and I was pretty surprised to see the first 3 issues of BN going for $20, $15 & $10 respectively; and they weren't even variant covers, just regular issues. I had no idea BN was that sought after. I don't recall Identity, Infinite or Final Crises, HoM, Civil War, Secret Invasion or any of the other mega-events being that expensive, and if they were, it was only because they were variant issues. hnh...I'll definitely be picking up the trade but that won't be out for a 1-1 1/2 year so if I happen to see the entire run at NYCC, I'll pick it up there.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

This one is Hardcover worthy to me, so I'll probably work a way to get that as an early Birthday gift this June/July. Though I wasn't aware it was selling like made. My shop has about every issue, though they're all 2nd, 3rd, etc editions with those red tinted covers for the most part. At least they did last time I checked.

MGM

Post by MGM »

BLACKEST NIGHT #8
MADAME XANADU #21
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #627
FANTASTIC FOUR #577
X-MEN SECOND COMING #1

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:]

A week or so ago I was persuing some back issues because I was considering buying the entire main run of Blackest Night and I was pretty surprised to see the first 3 issues of BN going for $20, $15 & $10 respectively; and they weren't even variant covers, just regular issues. I had no idea BN was that sought after. I don't recall Identity, Infinite or Final Crises, HoM, Civil War, Secret Invasion or any of the other mega-events being that expensive, and if they were, it was only because they were variant issues. hnh...I'll definitely be picking up the trade but that won't be out for a 1-1 1/2 year so if I happen to see the entire run at NYCC, I'll pick it up there.
They aren't.

I saw some copes a couple seeks ago selling them for cover price, and I also saw some in Montreal in dollar bins. It's just a store trying to inflate demand.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Fucking capitalists!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Was gonna say. I'd yet to see anything that high and it was surprising but who knows. I don't really follow on prices anymore at all either.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Purchase
STUFF FROM LAST WEEK +...
MADAME XANADU #21 (MR) $2.99

Another light week!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Quickie question for you guys: What issue did Rucka start his run on Detective Comics?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The first issue of his Batwoman Detective Run was #854 up through #863. Sadly way, way way to short. 854-860 are the issues with J.H. Williams III, and the last 3 are with Jock.

He's still writing the Question Co-Feature, which is good, but not enough for me to spend 3.99 for it alone.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thanks Tragic!

My comic shop ran out of the She-Hulk one-shot which was a kind of wtf for me. I'm sure I can find it at Midtown or Jim Hanley's but I don't want to be bothered to hunt around for it as I was only buying that issue on a whim anyway

XIII

Post by XIII »

DETECTIVE COMICS #863 $3.99
UNKNOWN SOLDIER #18 (MR) $2.99
FANTASTIC FOUR #577 $2.99

Light week.

XIII recommends you get : LOCAL HC NEW PTG (O/A) $29.99