Batman worth 75 thou more than Superman, he had prep time.

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Batman worth 75 thou more than Superman, he had prep time.

Post by wolf_2099 »

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/26/news/ec ... man_comic/

Detective Comics 27 sold for 1.075 mill, and Action Comics 1 sold for a cool 1 million at auction this week, fuck me.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

You'll probably win one of those before your life ends.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Holllyyyyyy Fuck....

After reading the details.. that's just fucking insane. It looks like you're really getting nothing major with the years they gave there, but it's the bonus that intrigues me. This is something that I can see a person who's ready to open a store and needs stock would buy rather than an individual collector, unless they've got bank. Your stock doesn't sound like it would be fantastic, but you'd have a shit ton of books to fill your store, and some of the other stuff you could track down. I want to see how this goes...

XIII

Post by XIII »

Free shipping.
And that makes your comics at 6 cents each.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yea, free shipping and cheap books but at 4 million, you have a warehouse full. 285 pallets with 200 long boxes each? Where would you have that delivered? I mean you honestly have to have major space, and that's just for the comics alone. Like I said, this is for someone to start up their own store with or make a HUGE donation to some libraries and reading organizations.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Yea, free shipping and cheap books but at 4 million, you have a warehouse full. 285 pallets with 200 long boxes each? Where would you have that delivered? I mean you honestly have to have major space, and that's just for the comics alone. Like I said, this is for someone to start up their own store with or make a HUGE donation to some libraries and reading organizations.
Or someone like mycomicshop.com or milehighcomics to fill their warehouses. EVen the large comic stores I know would have absolutlly no room for that.

I doubt midtown has that kind of space.

A lot of stores I know would have max, 200 long boxes.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yea exactly. My store I was working at had about 70-100 out in the store and in our back storage, we cleared out about another 200 boxes worth of inventory that eventually got sold off for the most part.

But yea, looking at the listing, I would not be surprised that it would end up with like.. 100 copies of very common issues that sell very little. I looked trhough, but did it say if it comes with a full inventory listing?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

RE: the original topic, Detective 27 sold for $900K but had an 18% house fee or something like that to bump it to $1.075mil. There wasn't a house fee for Action Comics so it was a straight $1mil purchase. So Batman still plays dirty while Superman is wholesome ;)