Newsarama Interview with Kevin Conroy

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Newsarama Interview with Kevin Conroy

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

“One time I took my car in to get serviced,â€￾ recalled Kevin Conroy, who was born in Long Island, New York. “I went to a mechanic I hadn’t been before but was recommended to me.

“When I met him, I told him my name was Kevin Conroy. He thought that was funny, saying that was the name of a big guy in animation. When I asked him what he meant, he said ‘That’s the guy who does Batman!’

“Then I told him that was me. At first, he said, ‘Get out of here! That’s bull!’ So I showed him my driver’s license. His reaction was ‘you’re THAT Kevin Conroy...what are you doing in New York!?’ Next thing I knew he called everyone out from the garage shouting that Batman was there.

“It always amazes me when people recognize the name. Voice acting is a very anonymous profession.â€￾

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/tv/090929-kevi ... atman.html

Nice little Q&A with the voice of Batman.

I was hoping to get the new DC animated film Public Enemies today on its release date from Netflix but its already on Long Wait. :mad:

Anyho, since DC has been cranking out animated films, they never always stuck with Conroy for Batman and I figured that was a probably a personal decision for Conroy; that maybe he got tired of doing the voice of Batman.

Conroy wasn't used for New Frontier, some of Gotham Knight and the upcoming JL Animated film. Towards the end of the article it seemed more like it was the studio's decision about who to approach for the voice talents, as Conroy says "If they approach him again he would probably do it".

Just an interesting piece of useless info I thought I'd throw out there.