Archie Andrews Proposes to Veronica

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Archie Andrews Proposes to Veronica

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The eternal love triangle is the cornerstone of Archie Comics for over 65 years—and the bane of Archie Andrews' existence! In fact, over the years it has not only defined the Betty/Archie/Veronica relationship, but has even threatened to dismantle it a time or 20.

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/050927-Archie600.html

I haven’t read Archie comics since I was 8 or 9 years old but I always felt Archie and Betty should be together. She was always nicer to Archie (and pretty much everyone else) than Veronica. Despite my feeling that Arch and Betty belong together I can also see why the current publishers of Archie are having him propose to Veronica. It'll keeps things interesting as Veronica is Archie’s complete opposite. If Archie shacked up with Betty, it would be nice but it would make for some really boring stories.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've read only a few things with Archie and the gang, and while I agree he probably should have been with Betty, Veronica's definitely a good choice for writing. But the question is, will it even last?

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Maybe Archie will get some on the side with Betty?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh im sure he will.

Mr Wallstreet

Archie and Veronica Get Married

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Exercpt:

Now, what many consider “the unthinkableâ€￾ is about to happen: Archie is going to marry Veronica!

This is the unforgettable epic that hurtles readers into Archie’s future... and it’s a future where Riverdale’s favorite rich girl wins his hand in marriage! With Mr. Lodge footing the bill, it’s proving to be the most spectacular wedding ever to hit Riverdale... and perhaps the country! The guys all look spiffy in their tuxes, and the girls are gorgeous in their gowns... but just who is Betty’s date, Henry? This emotionally-charged tale will tug at your heartstrings as you witness Archie’s poignant heart-to-heart talk with Betty before the nuptials, the choked-up parents of the betrothed, and a surprise ending that will leave you speechless!

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/060915-Archie601.html

I'm not a regular reader of Archie Comics but I'm picking up this story. I'm not buying this issues for collector purposes so I don't care if I get a 1st or 2nd printing. I want to see how this plays out; I want to see Reggie's reaction, how the wedding turns out and most of all - what Archie will say to Betty.

If Archie does indeed get married to Veronica it will sadly mark the end of an era. Archie comics were always about (mostly) clean and innocent humor.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Don't worry dude. If someone higher up feels they prefered the old era of Archie comics then they can shoe in some magical deal with Mephisto and ret-con the shit out of this story, all in the comfort of knowing they ain't gotta explain shit bitches, cause magic is magic. :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Does anybody actualy really care about this?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I do. It may not be as popular as the changes in Spider-man or Batman around here but I still think its a big deal.
Stocky Boy wrote:Don't worry dude. If someone higher up feels they prefered the old era of Archie comics then they can shoe in some magical deal with Mephisto and ret-con the shit out of this story, all in the comfort of knowing they ain't gotta explain shit bitches, cause magic is magic. :D

That shit still cracks me up. "Its magic bitches, I don't gotta explain shit". Someone repost that pic.

:D

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

You bastard, spoilers much?

Just kidding, I don't care.

Also this is a "What If?" story. The regular Archie comics will continue as they always have, in mind-numbing tedium and mediocrity. Hey, I liked them when I was a kid... when I could get them for 5 cents at a garage sale. At the grocery store price they could drop dead.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay